Current time: 16/04/2024, 16:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(24/02/2023 09:50)326VFM Wrote:  I spotted Wright Open top RUT842 heading M62 Eastbound near Halifax, Yorkshire. What is going on there??

Probably heading to get some last minute maintenance work before the Chester city sightseeing starts back up again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With Arriva pulling out of Winsford/Crewe Stagecoach have registered to operate route 84 Crewe to Chester with effect from 23 April 2023.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(08/03/2023 07:43)childwallblues Wrote:  With Arriva pulling out of Winsford/Crewe Stagecoach have registered to operate route 84 Crewe to Chester with effect from 23 April 2023.

Noticed on vosa website there already a variaton to the origional 84 registration
(14/03/2023 14:47)CX06 BHE Wrote:  Noticed on vosa website there already a variaton to the origional 84 registration
Variation is to add in an 06:00 journey. It doesn't say where from or to but my guess is that this is from Chester to meet the 07:23 journey from Crewe.
(14/03/2023 15:15)iMarkeh Wrote:  Variation is to add in an 06:00 journey. It doesn't say where from or to but my guess is that this is from Chester to meet the 07:23 journey from Crewe.

Arriva resourced the route from the Crewe end so journeys finished at that end , but Stagecoach will resource the route from the Chester end so some slight tinkering to times will be required to enable hardly any dead mileage .
(14/03/2023 20:15)wirralbus Wrote:  Arriva resourced the route from the Crewe end so journeys finished at that end , but Stagecoach will resource the route from the Chester end so some slight tinkering to times will be required to enable hardly any dead mileage .
Makes sense to be fair. I want to say that Arriva had an earlier 84 from Chester at some point but it got cut. Maybe I am misremembering though.
On Twitter, Stagecoach are saying the first week of the 84 will be free travel
(15/03/2023 04:19)N271CKB Wrote:  On Twitter, Stagecoach are saying the first week of the 84 will be free travel

Heard that Merseyside Plus day ticket is valid on this route , maybe they will need to look atthat again , when the route becomes established .
(15/03/2023 17:56)wirralbus Wrote:  Heard that Merseyside Plus day ticket is valid on this route , maybe they will need to look atthat again , when the route becomes established .

As it is effectively part of their Merseyside & Chester network, it makes sense to include this route as part of their availability for day tickets. Or to have a slightly more expensive Explorer to cover it.
(18/03/2023 16:50)Metroline1511 Wrote:  As it is effectively part of their Merseyside & Chester network, it makes sense to include this route as part of their availability for day tickets. Or to have a slightly more expensive Explorer to cover it.

I think they will only change that if they expand off the back of the 84.

How many discs does the Stagecoach chester depot have available

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)