Current time: 08/05/2024, 20:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(26/01/2023 03:00)buses7675 Wrote:  Bit behind with repaint updates, as noted about 27261 is repainted/vinyled in 319 Trainlink livery, 27270 is in the process of being painted/vinyled similarly but isn't done just yet.

27270 returned to Gillmoss this morning in all over white and was sent straight out into service onto the 319 about 10 o'clock. It is expected to stay in the depot tomorrow for the wrap to be applied.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/01/2023 10:10)CX06 BHE Wrote:  What does Gillmoss need all the sprinters for presume Kirkby Circulars??

Primarily as shuttles I believe

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Cannot recall which Enviro400, but one of the Enviro400s has a switch guarantee wrapover, I believe it might be HBF
Just a thought, the 319 doesn't serve the internal stop at Kirkby Station which makes it pointless as a Trainlink route, wouldn't have it been better for the 319 to go to Old Roan instead, with the Enviro300s allocated the route could have gone down M58, Ormskirk Road, Copy Lane to Old Roan interchange?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(31/01/2023 16:41)MTL0201 Wrote:  Just a thought, the 319 doesn't serve the internal stop at Kirkby Station which makes it pointless as a Trainlink route, wouldn't have it been better for the 319 to go to Old Roan instead, with the Enviro300s allocated the route could have gone down M58, Ormskirk Road, Copy Lane to Old Roan interchange?

The new 777s don't go to Old Roan!!!
(31/01/2023 16:35)NathanR Wrote:  Cannot recall which Enviro400, but one of the Enviro400s has a switch guarantee wrapover, I believe it might be HBF

15597, one side is purple, other is yellow.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(31/01/2023 17:57)SN55DVG Wrote:  The new 777s don't go to Old Roan!!!

True, but they will do in a few weeks' time.

It's early days but I presume that someone is making a note as to who is using this service, particularly where they are boarding and where they are alighting as carrying fresh air is in no-one's interest.
(31/01/2023 21:02)Barney Wrote:  True, but they will do in a few weeks' time.

It's early days but I presume that someone is making a note as to who is using this service, particularly where they are boarding and where they are alighting as carrying fresh air is in no-one's interest.

It's a brand new link, it'll take time to bed in. It's all down to the publicity, word of mouth and reliability now. So far, the publicity is out there, the reliability is good so it's just down to word of mouth now.

By the way, to answer the original question about not going into Kirkby Stations car park, it was going to originally but it was deemed unsafe for a vehicle of the size wanted to maneuver through the car park at busy times... the service was also planned well before the announcement that the 777s were going into service.
777s have nothing to do with it, the 319 supposed to be a link with the trains, not 777s [think theirs only one 777 in service anyway], that's why Old Roan would have been a better place for the 319 to go to, only issue is Switch Island.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Isn't Kirkby to Skelmersdale to make up for the extension being rejected? Also Isn't it going to be terminating at Headbolt Lane once open so going to Old Roan would completely defeat that idea? And yes I understand not going into the station kinda does that too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)