Current time: 18/04/2024, 02:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Selwyn's did get involved in the 62 too, but I'm not sure how that worked out for them.

Warrington managed to get the 62 and 62A interworking with quite a few school and college services (as well as other routes), which might have worked well in some ways, but it did produce a strange timetable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/09/2022 22:30)Valandil Wrote:  Selwyn's did get involved in the 62 too, but I'm not sure how that worked out for them.
Under contract though, not commercial.

(08/09/2022 22:30)Valandil Wrote:  Warrington managed to get the 62 and 62A interworking with quite a few school and college services (as well as other routes), which might have worked well in some ways, but it did produce a strange timetable.
Interworked with too many schools and other things and wasting resources sending them up to Halebank.
Service changes from Monday 3rd October:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/se...tober-2022

Of note is the introduction of an X5 fast service to Altrincham, which if memory serves is just like the old 37A Sunday service, but calling at Bank Quay Station.
I think the changes to the Cat5 would open it up to being decker-operated, which would be fantastic.

The 62(A) has been saved, albeit slightly curtailed to no longer serve Halebank.

Also of note is the introduction of an evening service on 17 to Birchwood.
Regarding deckers on the new Cat5 route it would depend on whether any of the duties interwork with anything that's still going to be running via Statham.
[quote='M60lad' pid='151433' dateline='1663738604']
Regarding deckers on the new Cat5 route it would depend on whether any of the duties interwork with anything that's still going to be running via Statham.
[/quote

The X5 seems to be decker-friendly. I would be surprised if it were to be used as such outside peak periods though.
I got the impression that the X5 would still be going via Statham so couldn't be decker-operated, but the rough descriptions on service changes often turn out to be misleading or just plain wrong, so who knows!
Not sure how rammed the Cat5/5A currently is for the schools/peaks, anyone know?
Having worked out some timings, I would have thought the X5 would be a straight up 2 vehicle job at about 54 minutes each way, so give about 6 minutes' recovery/stand time at each end.
However, it's possible it might not be that simple and the X5 might interwork with the Cat5 so as to maintain a coordinated frequency on services through Stockton Heath because Cat6/7/8 all take just under 1 hour and Cat9/9A take just under 2 hours (as does 62 assuming it's going to Runcorn High Street Bus Station, not Halton Lea), so Cat5 at roughly just under 2 and a half hours might not fit into the coordinated frequency unless it interworks with the X5.
Timetables now available on the website by selecting a future date from 3rd October 2022 onwards.

In the interpeak period, the X5 will indeed be a 2 vehicle job, in the interpeak period leaving Warrington and Altrincham at xx05.
The Cat5 will leave Warrington at xx10, arrive in Altrincham at xy25, depart at xy30 and arrive back in Warrington at xz45, so will almost certainly be interworking with other things.

It's nice that the 62 will be brought into the coordinated frequency of services through Stockton Heatlh.
(22/09/2022 13:16)Valandil Wrote:  Timetables now available on the website by selecting a future date from 3rd October 2022 onwards.

In the interpeak period, the X5 will indeed be a 2 vehicle job, in the interpeak period leaving Warrington and Altrincham at xx05.
The Cat5 will leave Warrington at xx10, arrive in Altrincham at xy25, depart at xy30 and arrive back in Warrington at xz45, so will almost certainly be interworking with other things.

It's nice that the 62 will be brought into the coordinated frequency of services through Stockton Heatlh.

I was hoping for better than a 75 minute journey time.
(23/09/2022 11:31)EDB325 Wrote:  I was hoping for better than a 75 minute journey time.

Probably not that many people will be catching the Cat5, towards Altrincham at least, because the X5 runs just ahead and also arrives into Altrincham much faster, with a 53/55 minute journey time.
(23/09/2022 11:31)EDB325 Wrote:  I was hoping for better than a 75 minute journey time.

The Altrincham to Warrington journey times do look poor when you consider the 47 Knutsford to Warrington times. The 47 may not have much slack in the timings and it may effectively be an express from Lymm to Knutsford, as it might not stop at a single bus stop on the way. But it does have a 45 minute journey time. I wonder whether the X5 should follow the same route as the 47 between Broomedge and Warrington?

As the X5 will now run Little Bollington-Broomedge-Lymm, does that mean the 191 Lymm Shopper will be deemed surplus to requirements?

I also think they'll need to review the 12:20 High Legh to Warrington 47 journey as it'll leave Broomedge 2 minutes after the X5 and the 47 doesn't always pick up or drop off anyone in High Legh. The 09:40 Knutsford to Warrington journey fits nicely between the X5 journeys and provides an additional journey at a time when a lot of bus pass holders want to travel.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)