Current time: 15/05/2024, 07:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LCR Bus Franchising
RE: LCR Bus Franchising
(04/03/2022 19:23)1466 Wrote:  Again personal attacks, lost the argument already

What argument? Don't see one.. As a politician he is full of hot air, not really personal , more an opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/03/2022 19:23)1466 Wrote:  Again personal attacks, lost the argument already

I'm a Labour supporter and I don't see any personal attacks

As for the "argument" I haven't seen anything from those in favour of franchising provide a single benefit of having such a system in place. The Liverpool Echo article also mentions that a potential transition period from the current system to franchising would be funded by borrowing - a further burden to the taxpayer

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
All I will say on the matter is Liverpool City Council have proven time and time again they aren't to be trusted with anything to do with contracts, a blind loyalty to Labour saw them retain their seat this time around and the mayoral candidate actively said they would hold a referendum on their position - something they seem to have backtracked into a "consultation" now. As for Merseytravel, years of area "reviews" has saw some vital links lost so they're hardly any better than the operators they wish to replace.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Just watched the Liverpool mayor speak on Granada news. The two reasons he gave for pushing for franchising was firstly because passengers were unable to travel on one ticket between operators, and so they could determine and ‘cap’ fares not the company’s.

I always thought like Manchester, Merseyside had a multi operator range of tickets and while he cleverly uses the word cap he’s not suggested Fares will be any better value than they are now.
(04/03/2022 23:54)Mayneway Wrote:  Just watched the Liverpool mayor speak on Granada news. The two reasons he gave for pushing for franchising was firstly because passengers were unable to travel on one ticket between operators, and so they could determine and ‘cap’ fares not the company’s.

I always thought like Manchester, Merseyside had a multi operator range of tickets and while he cleverly uses the word cap he’s not suggested Fares will be any better value than they are now.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry - has he not heard of the SaveAway, Solo and Trio? Merseytravel have been offering those for longer than I can remember

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(05/03/2022 00:18)SK15 GZG Wrote:  I don't know whether to laugh or cry - has he not heard of the SaveAway, Solo and Trio? Merseytravel have been offering those for longer than I can remember

All a ploy to get the non bus users behind the scheme by making them think it’s going to be a better deal. It won’t be, he can’t and won’t promise cheaper prices and he can’t and won’t promise a better service.
It's only to going to cost us the public more money, its ridiculous that its not realised that there are the likes of saveaways etc where people can use each companies buses, And that is without even thinking of the busy qbp routes where you do anyway This will be a mess like everything else, This council can't be trusted to do anything right.
The metro mayor championed the new trains a few months back and took the credit for them, they got delivered 2 years ago and are still sitting doing nothing, pandemic or not, the organisation for those to be in service should long have been done pre-pandemic. Couldn't even do that, so guarantee the buses won't he any better. I have little faith. but we will all pay for this. Plus he has forgotten the huge elephant in the room when basing this on the Tfl model. In that TFLnow have a huge debt.
Why are we all focussed on Saveaways and not Solos as Solos are the bus only version and can be used all day. Saveaways are off peak only but do cover all modes including one that people often forget about, the ferry.

I do like though how he is pushing this yet 2 operators have blamed MyTicket (the child all bus, all operator ticket) for their demise. Notice how he misses that out which proves that significantly more subsidy would go into this.

He also fails to mention how the many, many cross border routes would come into this given many are probably about 1/2 mileage either side of the border and in most cases, the cross border buses are ones which form a key part in the bus network in the Merseyside part (For example Chester - Liverpool 1 is also a core local bus service between Eastham and Liverpool, it's generally not duplicated in full (duplicated in parts but the 41/42 divert off the 1/X1 route at various points).

He's an absolute clown. Just copying Burnham because Burnham seems to be getting popular amongst the looony lefties (not a dig at all Labour voters, just the extreme grass eating snowflake ones who essentially dislike any private company making any profit.)
(05/03/2022 06:28)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It's only to going to cost us the public more money, its ridiculous that its not realised that there are the likes of saveaways etc where people can use each companies buses, And that is without even thinking of the busy qbp routes where you do anyway This will be a mess like everything else, This council can't be trusted to do anything right.
The metro mayor championed the new trains a few months back and took the credit for them, they got delivered 2 years ago and are still sitting doing nothing, pandemic or not, the organisation for those to be in service should long have been done pre-pandemic. Couldn't even do that, so guarantee the buses won't he any better. I have little faith. but we will all pay for this. Plus he has forgotten the huge elephant in the room when basing this on the Tfl model. In that TFLnow have a huge debt.

Covid is a prime example. Private companies like Stagecoach and Arriva absorbed a lot of the costs during the first lockdown yet Metrolink and london had to be massively propped up by government to keep afloat. This is exactly why control should stay with operators not councils.
(05/03/2022 09:33)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why are we all focussed on Saveaways and not Solos as Solos are the bus only version and can be used all day. Saveaways are off peak only but do cover all modes including one that people often forget about, the ferry.

I do like though how he is pushing this yet 2 operators have blamed MyTicket (the child all bus, all operator ticket) for their demise. Notice how he misses that out which proves that significantly more subsidy would go into this.

He also fails to mention how the many, many cross border routes would come into this given many are probably about 1/2 mileage either side of the border and in most cases, the cross border buses are ones which form a key part in the bus network in the Merseyside part (For example Chester - Liverpool 1 is also a core local bus service between Eastham and Liverpool, it's generally not duplicated in full (duplicated in parts but the 41/42 divert off the 1/X1 route at various points).

He's an absolute clown. Just copying Burnham because Burnham seems to be getting popular amongst the looony lefties (not a dig at all Labour voters, just the extreme grass eating snowflake ones who essentially dislike any private company making any profit.)

I just gave saveaways as an example which is why I said the likes of , yes he is copying Burnham. Rotherham never has ideas of his own.

User(s) browsing this thread: