Current time: 08/05/2024, 06:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
I am surprised that there has not been reference made to the decision that Headbolt Lane Station is to be developed with work starting in the New Year (2022).
See link: https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/news/gre...in-kirkby/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/12/2021 20:20)mikestone Wrote:  RTT showing trains on boxing day - including Cl.1s to West Kirby! Not quite sure why as other routes also missing stops.
I wonder if they realised most of the major shops aren't opening - a cunning plot to ensure they don't need to bother next Christmas?
(21/12/2021 14:15)Gateacre Wrote:  I am surprised that there has not been reference made to the decision that Headbolt Lane Station is to be developed with work starting in the New Year (2022).
See link: https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/news/gre...in-kirkby/

Seems as though there will be three platforms at the new station. Are there plans for a straight through track past the station, seems to be buffer stops, according to the video in the link above?
Is there a shortage of units at the moment on Merseyrail?
Have seen a number of comments on twitter that not all Southport-Hunts Cross services are 6 cars, like they usually are.
Given the peak 6 cars are not running on the Ormskirk/Kirkby and West Kirby routes this week and the peak extras on the Ellesmere Port line I thought there would be more units available compared a typical weekday.
Is this due to Covid related absence of maintenance staff at the depot?
(30/12/2021 17:08)508134 Wrote:  Seems as though there will be three platforms at the new station. Are there plans for a straight through track past the station, seems to be buffer stops, according to the video in the link above?
;
Presumably in connection with the eventual extension to Skelmersdale.

It looks as though the headshunt to the freight terminal extends to the station - it looks as though interchange will be a wonderful experience.
(30/12/2021 17:12)508134 Wrote:  Is there a shortage of units at the moment on Merseyrail?
Have seen a number of comments on twitter that not all Southport-Hunts Cross services are 6 cars, like they usually are.
Given the peak 6 cars are not running on the Ormskirk/Kirkby and West Kirby routes this week and the peak extras on the Ellesmere Port line I thought there would be more units available compared a typical weekday.
Is this due to Covid related absence of maintenance staff at the depot?

They were booked to be a mix of 3 and 6 cars over the festive period with extra 6 cars on the Ormskirk line last night for the football match (which was cancelled).
(30/12/2021 23:02)mikestone Wrote:  ;
Presumably in connection with the eventual extension to Skelmersdale.

It looks as though the headshunt to the freight terminal extends to the station - it looks as though interchange will be a wonderful experience.

Seems crazy not to have the ability for through running
Merseyrail are having to reduce to a 30min service from next week....

https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-jou...tions.aspx
(10/01/2022 15:45)N271CKB Wrote:  Merseyrail are having to reduce to a 30min service from next week....

https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-jou...tions.aspx

I think it was becoming inenvitable when you look at the ad hoc cancellations the present timetable is getting , makes it easier to run and you now will have some spare staff now .
(10/01/2022 16:41)wirralbus Wrote:  I think it was becoming inenvitable when you look at the ad hoc cancellations the present timetable is getting , makes it easier to run and you now will have some spare staff now .

Merseyrail are falling in line with DfT guidelines that dictate there shouldn’t be ad hoc cancellations from 17 Jan, and the TOCs are all reducing the number of trains run

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)