Current time: 18/04/2024, 02:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(29/12/2021 13:37)gka472l Wrote:  11103 just spotted parked outside Rock Ferry depot.

Tracking saying its on the 38s bit who knows
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/12/2021 14:51)PAUL2511 Wrote:  Tracking saying its on the 38s bit who knows

I'd say it's correct as it started on the 38 at 1446 from New Ferry....I saw it about 1330ish.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(29/12/2021 15:12)gka472l Wrote:  I'd say it's correct as it started on the 38 at 1446 from New Ferry....I saw it about 1330ish.

I'm assuming it's a loan!!!!
11106 also at rockferry out on the 41/42 this afternoon
Stagecoach news story confirms Merseyside Plus tickets are valid on the 48, even though Northwich hasn't been added to their fare finder
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/merse...-northwich
(04/01/2022 16:05)knutstransport Wrote:  Stagecoach news story confirms Merseyside Plus tickets are valid on the 48, even though Northwich hasn't been added to their fare finder
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/merse...-northwich

That looks like a lot of dead mileage to me. I am not familiar with the area but wouldn't it make sense to run something in service to Frodsham from Christleton?
(04/01/2022 16:30)Barney Wrote:  That looks like a lot of dead mileage to me. I am not familiar with the area but wouldn't it make sense to run something in service to Frodsham from Christleton?

It's a council contract and will be specified to have something like 40 seats due to the Weaverham High pupils using the service. Other than the 07:36 Frodsham to Northwich and 15:05 Northwich to Frodsham there won't be that many passengers on the service so increasing the PVR won't be viable and they'll have to run the number of journeys the council specifies.

Presumably they can use the 2 route as a way of swapping the driver on the 48. It looks like there's already a 07:22 Frodsham to Chester on the 2 which doesn't have an inbound working, so presumably they run an empty to Frodsham for that.
Driver who did the last 48 run today left on the tracking and it looks like it finished the 48 run in Frodsham at 17:37 and got back to the depot at 18:03, so not an excessive amount of time to run empty for. I doubt D&G drivers can get between Wincham and Wilmslow in 26 minutes.
(10/01/2022 18:56)knutstransport Wrote:  Driver who did the last 48 run today left on the tracking and it looks like it finished the 48 run in Frodsham at 17:37 and got back to the depot at 18:03, so not an excessive amount of time to run empty for. I doubt D&G drivers can get between Wincham and Wilmslow in 26 minutes.
I do think it would be good to see them bring in an X30 trip though for it. Cover the dead mileage and enhance the local bus service slightly but it has to be weighed up on whether it would cover it's costs. I am not 100% sure. The morning I think it would, the Arriva X30 carried one or two when they did the early trip (I think it was 2 years or so ago when it was proposed for Hawarden to run the X30. It never happened but it was very close to happening).

25 mins dead running isn't much though when you consider that Rock Ferry has 1 bus which runs dead to and 1 bus dead from Chester each day. Chester also used to have the dead run to Mold when they ran the Flintshire 5.
(11/01/2022 15:15)iMarkeh Wrote:  I do think it would be good to see them bring in an X30 trip though for it. Cover the dead mileage and enhance the local bus service slightly but it has to be weighed up on whether it would cover it's costs. I am not 100% sure. The morning I think it would, the Arriva X30 carried one or two when they did the early trip (I think it was 2 years or so ago when it was proposed for Hawarden to run the X30. It never happened but it was very close to happening).

25 mins dead running isn't much though when you consider that Rock Ferry has 1 bus which runs dead to and 1 bus dead from Chester each day. Chester also used to have the dead run to Mold when they ran the Flintshire 5.

I was in Frodsham today at lunch time and the 48 was parked on the stop outside Morrison's with no driver on it as the Arriva X30 arrived from Chester just after 12.00 a Stagecoach driver got of it and walked over the the 48

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)