Current time: 20/04/2024, 14:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(31/08/2012 13:36)wirralbus Wrote:  
(31/08/2012 13:24)27701 Wrote:  
(31/08/2012 13:23)P450 SWX Wrote:  there should extend the X2 to Liverpool operate it limited stops example Liverpool - Birkenhead - Bromborough - Ellsmere Port then every stop like X2 to chester
I completely agree!

All that does is dilute the profit that First and Arriva can make on the Liverpool - Chester service , what we dont want to see is buses following each other carrying hardly any passengers we had enough of that when the 1 and 401 operated before QBP.
Why would it dilute the profit? Passengers would still be travelling on an Arriva or First bus! And if the 1 and the 2 would be going around empty, doesn't that say something - that an "express service" is needed?

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
You just had to look at the previous service set up when there was 7 buses an hour , it didnt make a genius to tell you that there is not the passengers on the routes in question for seven buses an hour contrary to what people would say as some of these buses came in multiple , if you had your way you would have 8 buses an hour , the present service 1 actually follows the route of the old X8.
Find all posts by this user
The only way it'd dilute profit would be by increasing operating costs. Unless there's enough passengers to fill every bus they currently put on, I don't really see a company putting on another for a limited stop route which, due to its limited stoppages, may not have a high patronage.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
They certainly need an X11 working brought back though!

Even if it is just 1 AM journey and 1 PM journey. It took me over 1h15minutes to get from Chester Bus Exchange to Little Sutton on the 1!
If youre going direct to chester from liverpool/birkenhead, get a bus into the port then an X2, or just get the 2 direct. The 1 is designed for people wanting cheshire oaks, blue planet and zoo etc rather than people travelling the full distance!

I do agree, an X11 should be brought back in though, just as there used to be except arriva do AM and first do PM, or other way around!

I am no longer active on this forum.
I've said it before - but I really think at least one service an hour should run straight up the A41 like the crosville C1 - effectively a LIverpool- Chester express.
(31/08/2012 21:19)SNL 824 Wrote:  I've said it before - but I really think at least one service an hour should run straight up the A41 like the crosville C1 - effectively a LIverpool- Chester express.

Effectively the C1 or its equivalent was gobbled up by Merseyrail and even more so since the service was double to every 15 mins something the bus companies i dont think have the passengers for , compared to Ellesmere Port there is high private car ownership around the route the C1 would operate .
Does anybody know why one of the Blacon Pointer B7s is currently parked up at Arriva's Runcorn Depot, is it here for MOT just seems odd having a Firstbus in an Arriva Depot
(31/08/2012 21:19)SNL 824 Wrote:  I've said it before - but I really think at least one service an hour should run straight up the A41 like the crosville C1 - effectively a LIverpool- Chester express.

Correct there is a need for a direct service to chester for people who live away from the
rail stations at Liverpool / wirral

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(01/09/2012 06:37)Penny Return Wrote:  

Correct there is a need for a direct service to chester for people who live away from the
rail stations at Liverpool / wirral

Unfortunately though Arriva dont reckon there is a market otherwise the X11 wouldnt have been cut back so far , to that 2 journey set up before eventual withdrawal at QBP introduction.

User(s) browsing this thread: dounowhoiam, 16 Guest(s)