Current time: 29/03/2024, 09:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(05/06/2021 11:24)FJ03 VVM Wrote:  But imagine both 17479 and 17502 were off for either inspec or a fault, what would have to join 17470 on the 100, 17455 for easy example if it had stayed and not been scrapped, my money would be on 18382, 19143 or 19534 tbh.

Id say 18382 would do it tbh, 19143 and 19534 are always on Saltneys like today
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/06/2021 11:24)FJ03 VVM Wrote:  But imagine both 17479 and 17502 were off for either inspec or a fault, what would have to join 17470 on the 100, 17455 for easy example if it had stayed and not been scrapped, my money would be on 18382, 19143 or 19534 tbh.

34813 went on it for an afternoon last year towards the end of the season with 2 drivers, one to drive and the other to be a guide if anyone got on. Luckily it was a quiet day and no passengers were picked up. But not the point. Typical stagecoach though. I'm begging Arriva to consider going for it when it comes up again but stagecoach won't let it go, which is a disaster for passengers because they're always late and once the tours are late that's it. There's no recovery time.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(05/06/2021 20:44)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  34813 went on it for an afternoon last year towards the end of the season with 2 drivers, one to drive and the other to be a guide if anyone got on. Luckily it was a quiet day and no passengers were picked up. But not the point. Typical stagecoach though. I'm begging Arriva to consider going for it when it comes up again but stagecoach won't let it go, which is a disaster for passengers because they're always late and once the tours are late that's it. There's no recovery time.

Yeah I saw a pic from George Walker on flickr, yeah, it would be nice to see arriva doing another open top service after the DLA's in Rhyl got scrapped an the 1 got Withdrawn, but there's not really any buses to convert, my only type of way to think of arriva if they do the 100, is to get some ofArriva Merseysides B7TL's if they are no longer needed there, but highly unlikely though.
One more currently at Gillmoss is Solo 47326

Solo 47327 had been at Gillmoss until yesterday (at least it seems to have gone!) so probably returned/swapped with 47326 while that gets maintenance.

Gemini 16958 is still at Gillmoss getting work done to it.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Twice this week service 91 has had to be rerouted due to parking problems in Rose Mount , Oxton Village , according to Stagecoach MCSL twitter feed.
I remember many issues in that area when I worked for a company that was part of wirral community transport which took over operating the 177 and 190 services of which the 190 prenton circular went through oxton village twice per hour running to and from Birkenhead.

It was much worse on days when there were football matches at tranmere rovers because we went down mendip road which was quite often too narrow to get through due to high numbers of vehicles parking there and making too dicey to get through without damaging the cars or the bus, I do not know if the 91 goes down mendip road as I have never rode on it but I feel for the drivers if it does
The 91 only operates via Rose Mount Monday to friday , not Saturday .

The 91 and the saturday iteration dont do that Mendip road loop any more , i always wondered why the 90 bus did that loop .
To be honest, from my own experience the 190 or 90 was a terrible route to drive and could easily make drivers dizzy as it was in a sense 3 or 4 loops all joined up like 4/5 of the olympics symbol.

The 177 woodside to heswall as it was when I drove it before avon took over, was a much better route and easily took between 70 & £100 per driver per day and I enjoyed driving it.
Are the Volvo B7RLE Eclipses leaving Chester soon, if they are When?
(23/06/2021 18:51)chesterbuses21256 Wrote:  Are the Volvo B7RLE Eclipses leaving Chester soon, if they are When?

Not heard anything to say they are due to depart but its possible , there are rumours that the B9s are to be converted to open-top to replace the Tridents, guess its case of watch this space

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)