Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(19/05/2021 14:35)MTL0201 Wrote:  You do know the 111 has been extended to Wigan to compensate for the loss of the 113?

yes I'm aware of that, I thought because the 113 used solos, they may have a few spares. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/05/2021 11:02)PO62 MKA Wrote:  All of the Gold Enviro300's are allocated to Rock Ferry and Preston, Chester currently do not have any of these Smile

One has seen use from Gillmoss this week, not sure if its still there. 27255, did some 17s the other day.
(19/05/2021 16:28)L401CJF Wrote:  One has seen use from Gillmoss this week, not sure if its still there. 27255, did some 17s the other day.

It was out this morning on the S102 when I saw it around 7:20 AM, then switched to the S10A presumably after the S102, look's to have done the S10A again later in the afternoon.

27255 was also mentioned in the Gillmoss thread earlier today.
(19/05/2021 18:56)NathanR Wrote:  It was out this morning on the S102 when I saw it around 7:20 AM, then switched to the S10A presumably after the S102, look's to have done the S10A again later in the afternoon.

27255 was also mentioned in the Gillmoss thread earlier today.

What's gone to Preston in exchange for the solo than
(19/05/2021 20:17)PAUL2511 Wrote:  What's gone to Preston in exchange for the solo than

I think its a 3 way swap with 36813 going to Gillmoss from Chester, the solo coming from Preston to Chester and the gold 300 going from Rock Ferry to Preston. Only a thought. Obviously a few 300s have already turned up at Rock Ferry in the last month too such as 27901 etc.

Also I read a post from Stagecoach management on the Blink app for drivers which says there are building work commencing at Chester's Waverton depot possibly to improve engineering facilities and also tarmacking the old Morry oil yard that was extended into the depot late 2019. For people suggesting Stagecoach don't have long in Chester, it seems they have a bit of a plan going forward if they're spending money on the depot. Bear in mind Stagecoach won't get any wales routes as TFW want to run them all themselves if that particular deal comes about, which by the day, looks more and more certain that TFW will buy all Arriva Buses Wales depots.

In the post also, it says that this year is the last year for the ex London Trident tour buses. The intention is to convert the 2 Volvo Gemini's to tour buses and keep 1 trident as a spare, but anyone who knows Chester well will know just how unreliable the Gemini's are. There are better tridents and older enviro 400s either being scrapped or sold on around the country that would be much better and parts would be much easier to get. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? We're just drivers. We're paid to drive not think.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(20/05/2021 11:22)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  I think its a 3 way swap with 36813 going to Gillmoss from Chester, the solo coming from Preston to Chester and the gold 300 going from Rock Ferry to Preston. Only a thought. Obviously a few 300s have already turned up at Rock Ferry in the last month too such as 27901 etc.

Also I read a post from Stagecoach management on the Blink app for drivers which says there are building work commencing at Chester's Waverton depot possibly to improve engineering facilities and also tarmacking the old Morry oil yard that was extended into the depot late 2019. For people suggesting Stagecoach don't have long in Chester, it seems they have a bit of a plan going forward if they're spending money on the depot. Bear in mind Stagecoach won't get any wales routes as TFW want to run them all themselves if that particular deal comes about, which by the day, looks more and more certain that TFW will buy all Arriva Buses Wales depots.

In the post also, it says that this year is the last year for the ex London Trident tour buses. The intention is to convert the 2 Volvo Gemini's to tour buses and keep 1 trident as a spare, but anyone who knows Chester well will know just how unreliable the Gemini's are. There are better tridents and older enviro 400s either being scrapped or sold on around the country that would be much better and parts would be much easier to get. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? We're just drivers. We're paid to drive not think.

When you look at Stagecoach MCSL it seems that Chester is the ugly duckling in all the depots in that Division , over the years it lost all of the mainline work to Liverpool to the Rock ferry depot , lost the contract for the route down the West side of the Wirral to Neston , Heswall and West Kirby .
whats happening with 16958, 47341 and 17470, are they all broke and being fixed? Havent seen 341 or 958 for ages
(04/06/2021 19:19)chesterbuses21256 Wrote:  whats happening with 16958, 47341 and 17470, are they all broke and being fixed? Havent seen 341 or 958 for ages

17470 is the spare tour bus and won't be used unless one of the others is on inspection or develops a fault.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
16958 is in Gillmoss at present getting work done

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(05/06/2021 09:36)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  17470 is the spare tour bus and won't be used unless one of the others is on inspection or develops a fault.

But imagine both 17479 and 17502 were off for either inspec or a fault, what would have to join 17470 on the 100, 17455 for easy example if it had stayed and not been scrapped, my money would be on 18382, 19143 or 19534 tbh.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)