Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(18/01/2021 20:21)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Before MP Travel declared they would be operating the X1 (Runcorn to Liverpool) commercially, it seems WOB had won the contract for the temporary tender. The registration of the service had been recorded as PC0001977/185.

It does make me wonder how that would've turned out.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/569053/

Also have to hope it's not a repeat of the 130 Sunday contract where GHA only registered commercially because they didn't win the contract and it left passengers with a worse service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/01/2021 20:39)knutstransport Wrote:  Also have to hope it's not a repeat of the 130 Sunday contract where GHA only registered commercially because they didn't win the contract and it left passengers with a worse service.

Let's hope not. I've had good experience with MP so far, so I'm assuming it will continue to be like that.

WOB would have had that extra support due to having a (much) bigger fleet however.
Diversions and curtailments due to Storm Christoph:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...-christoph
Service changes from 15th February:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...h-february
According to Bustimes, none of the 'Connect 17' branded Versas has been used for a week, and two of them haven't been used for much longer.
Bustimes is reporting 303 PN16 PAV is on the first 47 run this morning. If correct an unusual allocation but I think deckers can run to the normal route, unlike with the CAT5.
(02/03/2021 09:21)knutstransport Wrote:  Bustimes is reporting 303 PN16 PAV is on the first 47 run this morning. If correct an unusual allocation but I think deckers can run to the normal route, unlike with the CAT5.

According to Bustimes, 303 was on the 47 yesterday too.
Since the timetable change, I think it's been a daily occurrence for an Enviro 400 to be out on the 47.
Service changes from 8th March, mainly taking things back to previous service levels:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...march-2021
Seems only Mon-Fri services are returning to normal levels with Saturdays still on reduced service levels, hopefully this might change the further we get out of lockdown and when non-essential shops etc start to reopen again.
(03/03/2021 06:54)M60lad Wrote:  Seems only Mon-Fri services are returning to normal levels with Saturdays still on reduced service levels, hopefully this might change the further we get out of lockdown and when non-essential shops etc start to reopen again.

Yeah, there are still things which aren't back to pre-pandemic levels on Monday-Friday too, like the 6 still being hourly (half-hourly before the pandemic), the 11/12 being hourly each (probably? it doesn't say on the latest information - down from half-hourly before the pandemic), the 16/16A being every 12 minutes combined (every 10 minutes combined before the pandemic), the 25 only operating the full route every hour (every half-hour before the pandemic), and the 10/10A, 23A, 31 and 33 all being axed.
I guess some of these might never return to previous service levels.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)