Current time: 26/04/2024, 17:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(07/09/2020 09:33)MX12 KVM Wrote:  27269 is currently tacking in Preston on the 111.

27259 is also in Preston on 68 and 27266 is also on 111
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Coaches 53612 & 53615 with '99' branding for Milton Keynes to Luton Airport have arrived at Rock Ferry today......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(08/09/2020 14:29)gka472l Wrote:  Coaches 53612 & 53615 with '99' branding for Milton Keynes to Luton Airport have arrived at Rock Ferry today......

These have been displaced from the 99 due to the curtailment of the X5 (Oxford - Cambridge) between Bedford and Cambridge.
(08/09/2020 15:36)Nwales Bus Wrote:  These have been displaced from the 99 due to the curtailment of the X5 (Oxford - Cambridge) between Bedford and Cambridge.

Seen one last week while I was on the x1 home to chester
Do we know why they are at Rock Ferry? Work, repaint or just storage to get them out of the East area?
Could they be for use on the "S" services they are operating for merseytravel or do what gillmoss did and operate private hires with them.
(08/09/2020 21:48)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Could they be for use on the "S" services they are operating for merseytravel or do what gillmoss did and operate private hires with them.
I thought Merseytravel had covered all the 'S' services with them all running last week? Unless some emergency extras have just popped up as they have seen some capacity issues.
(08/09/2020 23:14)iMarkeh Wrote:  I thought Merseytravel had covered all the 'S' services with them all running last week? Unless some emergency extras have just popped up as they have seen some capacity issues.

I was thinking more replacing the service buses being used on them with the coaches as I know some of the "S" services are having optare solos on there and there just not big enough.
The S89 st Helen's- john Lennon airort as a solo and the amount of kids that catch the normal 89 fills a decker and tend to still have to drive past a few so optare solo are just not fit for purpose on certain "S" services.
18365 on the 38 just now at New Ferry, West Kirby bound, complete with advert for 'Ullswater' on the rear!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(09/09/2020 09:51)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I was thinking more replacing the service buses being used on them with the coaches as I know some of the "S" services are having optare solos on there and there just not big enough.
The S89 st Helen's- john Lennon airort as a solo and the amount of kids that catch the normal 89 fills a decker and tend to still have to drive past a few so optare solo are just not fit for purpose on certain "S" services.
Ahh, I get you. It could be for that then.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)