Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(27/03/2020 13:29)Valandil Wrote:  Here are the details:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...9-pandemic

The reductions are quite drastic.

Yep it’s actually a reduced Sunday Service. It’s a case of having too unfortunately. Most of the buses this week have been running empty and drastic changes were needed. Ben and the team have had little option but to implement the changes they have otherwise the business simply wouldn’t survive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/03/2020 14:25)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Yep it’s actually a reduced Sunday Service. It’s a case of having too unfortunately. Most of the buses this week have been running empty and drastic changes were needed. Ben and the team have had little option but to implement the changes they have otherwise the business simply wouldn’t survive.

I'm surprised the 47 is staying as it is, especially considering the D&G 89 isn't running. While the 47 is the only bus service running through some villages the times aren't well suited for a trip for essential shopping or medical appointments only, the timetable is more suited to someone who wants to spend half the day shopping.
(27/03/2020 14:25)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Yep it’s actually a reduced Sunday Service. It’s a case of having too unfortunately. Most of the buses this week have been running empty and drastic changes were needed. Ben and the team have had little option but to implement the changes they have otherwise the business simply wouldn’t survive.

Yeah, it's a shame, but understandable in the circumstances.
The CAT9 is interesting, with sporadic journeys just between Northwich and Wincham.
(27/03/2020 21:31)Valandil Wrote:  The CAT9 is interesting, with sporadic journeys just between Northwich and Wincham.

Can't work that one out. They might try to get the 48 driver to try and squeeze in an empty run to Wincham, after the first Frodsham-Northwich and then the 08:44 Wincham-Northwich, before the 09:05 Northwich-Frodsham. The next Northwich-Wincham service departs 1 minute before a 48 service so perhaps that's to allow a driver changeovers on the 48, at the same time as bringing an additional vehicle to Northwich from Warrington? Not sure I can see any logic in the timing of the mid-afternoon CAT9 short
(28/03/2020 09:31)knutstransport Wrote:  Can't work that one out. They might try to get the 48 driver to try and squeeze in an empty run to Wincham, after the first Frodsham-Northwich and then the 08:44 Wincham-Northwich, before the 09:05 Northwich-Frodsham. The next Northwich-Wincham service departs 1 minute before a 48 service so perhaps that's to allow a driver changeovers on the 48, at the same time as bringing an additional vehicle to Northwich from Warrington? Not sure I can see any logic in the timing of the mid-afternoon CAT9 short

Yeah, I'm guessing these CAT9 journeys are at the request of the council.
I'm assuming the displays will show CAT9 Higher Wincham, as this destination is what the 46 showed for some of the time back when GHA were running a 45 service.
Their recently adopted routes 62 & 62a are temporarily withdrawn
From other threads (credit to Mikeonthebuses and Citibus), it seems that Warrington's Own Buses will acquire the following Leigh runs:
583 Leigh - Hag Fold
590 Leigh - Pennington
596 Leigh - Landside
They have also gained some work in Wigan including the 715 which takes them into Bolton.
(16/04/2020 11:05)St Helens Rider Wrote:  They have also gained some work in Wigan including the 715 which takes them into Bolton.

That's great to hear - it seems it's Sunday and bank holiday work.
It seems that the 640 and 641 in Wigan will also be run by Warrington Monday to Saturday, and there are also journeys on the 630 and 613 they'll run too.

I'm sure I saw on VOSA that there are further changes to the 'core' network too from Monday, though I guess it will be last minute or Monday itself before the changes are made public ...
EDIT: It seems that the 22A will have a couple of journeys withdrawn - it makes sense because that hourly service was actually more frequent than the core 2-hourly Monday to Saturday daytime service.
MM14 DWU is now here from Jim Stones

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)