Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(18/02/2020 14:25)mrd97 Wrote:  I think

1. Having a clockface Timetable
2. Perhaps running via Ness Gardens
3. Serving Arrowe Park (however this does increase the length of the journey)
4. Some journeys serving Neston High School
5. Perhaps serving shooting Station with cross-ticketing available

However it will need public support as it barely breaks even anyway.
Running via Ness Gardens... Is there even that many people using that stop?
Arrowe Park seemed good as it did carry a few but I think most of those it carried could have used the 471/472 so it made little sense duplicating it with another route.
Neston High is a really good call, I don't know why Arriva and Stagecoach don't do this.
I don't think serving any more stations with cross ticketing would do anything for them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/02/2020 15:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  Running via Ness Gardens... Is there even that many people using that stop?
Arrowe Park seemed good as it did carry a few but I think most of those it carried could have used the 471/472 so it made little sense duplicating it with another route.
Neston High is a really good call, I don't know why Arriva and Stagecoach don't do this.
I don't think serving any more stations with cross ticketing would do anything for them.

If Ness Gardens is going to a calling point , either Little Neston or Neston greenfields will have to be omitted.

Going back to Arrowe Park via irby narrows the section of route not served to Irby to Greasby and means that this section can be improved by the extension of the 82 back to greasby , will need the 80 retiming as well .

Another potential is the route operating to Chester from Neston via Hooton and then operating via Little sutton and Great Sutton directly to Chester. I know people in Little Sutton and Great Sutton would like to get to Chester faster than they would do now going via Ellesmere port and the bain of everybodys life Cheshire Oaks.
Just seen a post on Neston’s AboutMyArea News Website saying the 22 is changing again on the 16th of March.

Apparently it will be serving Willaston again, but on a two hourly basis, there will also be a new journey at 18:30 from Chester to Neston and the first weekday journey from Chester to West Kirby will now miss Greasby out, instead serving Hillbark Road, Montgomery Hill, Column Road, Caldy Grammar School and Newton Cross Lane.

News Article:
https://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Cheshire/N...-in-Neston

New 22 timetable link: https://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/doclib/484...etable.pdf
Adding to JW88s post,
Stagecoach seem to have won the Rivacre 7 tender and due to run out of Chester: https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/543619/

The Shopper Hopper 200 is being cut back to 09:30 to 15:30 Monday-Saturday

15 & X30 evening tender has been lost (Unsure if someone else has won the tender or if trips are withdrawn.

I presume that the 22 change was done as part of the tender for the service (Unless Stagecoach are getting deminims for it instead)
Slightly odd Timetable. Why doesn’t one journey skip Willaston and the other Mollington? Some serve both, some serve only one and some slip both. Bit odd
(18/02/2020 18:17)iMarkeh Wrote:  Adding to JW88s post,
Stagecoach seem to have won the Rivacre 7 tender and due to run out of Chester: https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/543619/

The Shopper Hopper 200 is being cut back to 09:30 to 15:30 Monday-Saturday

15 & X30 evening tender has been lost (Unsure if someone else has won the tender or if trips are withdrawn.

I presume that the 22 change was done as part of the tender for the service (Unless Stagecoach are getting deminims for it instead)

The Monday to Saturday X30 have been withdrawn, The 15/15A is slightly confusing, according to the council's website it states that it is withdrawn to loss of contract but looking on gov.uk its stating that its a registration
also the DB4 is to be renumbered 204

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(18/02/2020 19:02)chester285 Wrote:  The Monday to Saturday X30 have been withdrawn, The 15/15A has been withdrawn to loss of contract,
also the DB4 is to be renumbered 205
15 evening interworks with the evening X30. If it's a contract loss, has someone else won it and they are waiting the mandatory cool down period before announcing the new operator.
(18/02/2020 19:26)iMarkeh Wrote:  15 evening interworks with the evening X30. If it's a contract loss, has someone else won it and they are waiting the mandatory cool down period before announcing the new operator.

Was the 15/15A and the X30 subsidised?

(18/02/2020 20:10)chester285 Wrote:  Was the 15/15A and the X30 subsidised?
Evenings yes.

Chester to Saughall 19:35, 21:35 23:15, Saughall 19:55 & 21:55 are funded and ALL X30s to Frodsham are fully subsidised (not 100% sure on the situation with Runcorn trips) and they interwork as part of 1 tender.
(18/02/2020 21:40)iMarkeh Wrote:  Evenings yes.

Chester to Saughall 19:35, 21:35 23:15, Saughall 19:55 & 21:55 are funded and ALL X30s to Frodsham are fully subsidised (not 100% sure on the situation with Runcorn trips) and they interwork as part of 1 tender.

Only reason i ask is on the registrations under Stagecoach's operating number it says the the X30 has been registered with no subsidies starting 29/3

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)