Current time: 23/04/2024, 17:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(13/01/2020 20:11)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Sorry this is quite late, after original posts but just found this now, It is the case that Blackpool are to have a three yearly fleet replacement plan to save on maintenance etc, and so the fleet is always kept modern, this only applies to buses and NOT to trams of course. In winter the requirement for buses goes down, and I understand a small number of new Enviro400 City are due at Blackpool this year so to get rid of these now would make sense.

I also understand Warrington is to buy another 4 Enviro400 City's will these be new? or will they return to Blackpool Transport for more from the same batch, after all Warrington might make them look new with Private registrations!

I think Blackpool wanted to have vehicles no older than 5 years old once the last of the Tridents & B7RLEs get withdrawn would make sense for Warrington to buy the whole 16 plate batch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/01/2020 20:34)darylyates17 Wrote:  I think Blackpool wanted to have vehicles no older than 5 years old once the last of the Tridents & B7RLEs get withdrawn would make sense for Warrington to buy the whole 16 plate batch.

Would agree as the decker stock they currently have is none standard and quite elderly, so its now time really to start upgrading that, tbh I can't think of many towns that are operating V Plate deckers after all, so Warrington probably does need to make inroads into these before too long. Also standardisation rather than the DAF/Volvo mix of deckers would make sense although at least the majority of these have Wright Gemini bodywork in the interests of standardisation. Also the fact that ally of these deckers are ex London means that the lower deck layouts are far from ideal.

As Warrington already operates E200MMC's the parts fit with Enviro400 City's will make these attractive buys, not to mention that if Warrington want's to buy further later on in the life cycle they will become readily available from numerous companies that now operate these, plus several coach operators that have E400MMC coaches that are probably likely to dispose of them before most mainstream bus fleets dispose of there's.
At least one of the ex Blackpool Enviro400Citys is now in fleet livery now and looks quite good.

BTW will these be used on normal service? Just wondering whether they'll ever appear on 19/28s
As far as I’m aware we are only getting two deckers from Blackpool and I believe when they enter service they will primarily be used on 20/21’s, school and college services.

In terms of the V plate deckers we only have 152 and 155 that are used for service work and I think these will be phased out over the next few weeks. I believe we are to take up delivery of another ten vehicles as well from another operator so watch this space...
(13/01/2020 20:11)gilesbus1 Wrote:  [...] or will they return to Blackpool Transport for more from the same batch, after all Warrington might make them look new with Private registrations!

Private registrations don't make a bus look new. They just make it obvious that the owner of the bus wants to obfuscate its age, with the clear inference that it must be older than it looks. (Admittedly, in the case of an Enviro400 City, the oldest it could possibly be is 65-reg; though I've seen cases where cherished registrations have been put on the newest examples of a type that had been in production for many years, making them appear potentially ten or more years older than they actually are.)

Of the minority of people who notice, I can't imagine many, if any, will think more favourably of the company as a result. On the other hand, they may wonder why they've been paying their fares for the last five weeks to see 100% of that money squandered on a pointless frippery that serves no purpose but to irritate bus spotters. (And that's just the transfer fee, not taking into account anything they may have paid for the mark itself, or the cost of the plates.)

Please, please, bus operators everywhere, cease this practice. Stop holding your customers in such contempt, and make your buses appear new by looking after them, rather than by deceit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Enviro400 303 (SN16 OVA) has arrived

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(14/01/2020 06:52)M60lad Wrote:  At least one of the ex Blackpool Enviro400Citys is now in fleet livery now and looks quite good.

BTW will these be used on normal service? Just wondering whether they'll ever appear on 19/28s

I really wouldn't be surprised if they get out on 19/28 or any other route eventually, particularly on weekends, as Warrington often ends up using vehicles on routes they weren't bought for, unless they're branded for those routes (e.g. the hybrid Versas were originally built for the Stockton Heaths and the Wright Geminis were originally bought for the 28's).
In my opinion, it's also conceivable Warrington might regret the plan to use them on schools and colleges and change the plan for how they're used completely.
Considering how these Enviro400Citys are goingh to be mainly used on School/College services how well/bad behaved are the students on these services that Warringtons Owns operate? Would these buses be safe operating the services that Warringtons Own operate?
(16/01/2020 06:58)M60lad Wrote:  Considering how these Enviro400Citys are goingh to be mainly used on School/College services how well/bad behaved are the students on these services that Warringtons Owns operate? Would these buses be safe operating the services that Warringtons Own operate?
It depends on which schools they get used on. Colleges might be alright but if they run on Penketh High.... God help the passengers on the trips after the school.
(15/01/2020 22:01)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Enviro400 303 (SN16 OVA) has arrived

Running round as PN16 PAV, why is this?

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)