Current time: 23/04/2024, 13:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Some changes of services on the wirral :

1, X1 Liverpool - Chester
Route 1: Times are changed, mainly on early morning and evening journeys.
Route X1: Some morning journeys no longer serve Cheshire Oaks with some journeys starting at the Stagecoach depot in Rock Ferry. Times are changed, mainly on early morning and evening journeys.

41, 42 Mill Park - Woodchurch
Monday to Friday times are changed.
Journeys operated for Merseytravel and weekend journeys are unaffected.

82 West Kirby - Caldy circular
Times are changed at Caldy Crossroads.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Also more fare changes in Chester in January. Fares are getting ridiculous now compared to when First ran the network. Chester has little investment and higher fares. God help us if Arriva sell up.
Is there any news please on when the new 41/42 timetable will be available.
(19/12/2019 17:43)313201 Wrote:  Is there any news please on when the new 41/42 timetable will be available.

Both timetables from 19th Jan

New 1/X1 Timetable 1/X1

New 41/42 Timetable 41/42
(19/12/2019 17:51)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Both timetables from 19th Jan

New 1/X1 Timetable 1/X1

New 41/42 Timetable 41/42

From same date service 23 withdrawn

In other news fares are increasing in Chester from 5th Jan

Chester Dayrider from £3.80 - £4.00 (Business Park included)
Some single fares on 22 increase by 20p
Single Fare Chester - Business Park increase by 30p
The 22 will no longer serve Willaston from next month, according to Cheshire West’s website. A blow for residents of the village, who now only have the 272, running on weekdays only at a 90 minute frequency.

Hopefully, however, cutting Willaston from the route will allow a clockface timetable.
I reckon its not Willaston that is the problem with the 22 but the circuit of Neston that the bus takes to get in and out thats part of the problem.

Having used the 22 , on thursday morning i can forsee Stagecoach seriously looking at the route , i counted five fare paying passengers on the whole route , the rest are all concessionary passes , the renumeration has to be better for the bus companies if routes like this can survive.
Stagecoach firstly don't like Willaston. The X22 never served there either a few years back.
Secondly, Willaston has very few passengers.
Thirdly, getting out of Willaston onto the A540 can be a nightmare.

Combine the 3, it makes sense.

Snaking around Neston I think that one of the passenger areas is Greenfield Drive/Marshlands Road meaning to get them passengers, it makes sense to do the rest of the circuit.
(21/12/2019 08:47)iMarkeh Wrote:  Stagecoach firstly don't like Willaston. The X22 never served there either a few years back.
Secondly, Willaston has very few passengers.
Thirdly, getting out of Willaston onto the A540 can be a nightmare.

Combine the 3, it makes sense.

Snaking around Neston I think that one of the passenger areas is Greenfield Drive/Marshlands Road meaning to get them passengers, it makes sense to do the rest of the circuit.

Quite literally you have two buses vying for passengers travelling in Neston for Greenfields the 487 and the 22

X22 was only there to get a bus back to Chester in double quick time and save a dead run from the far end of the route , if memory serves me right there may have been one at the start of service from Chester.
(22/12/2019 14:14)wirralbus Wrote:  Quite literally you have two buses vying for passengers travelling in Neston for Greenfields the 487 and the 22

X22 was only there to get a bus back to Chester in double quick time and save a dead run from the far end of the route , if memory serves me right there may have been one at the start of service from Chester.

There was indeed! Used it a few times to get to work when I lived in Chester. If it was a particularly nippy run, (some drivers liked to hoof it on that early turn), I could connect into a 471 & do the Chester to Liverpool journey in around the same time as Route 1.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)