Current time: 20/04/2024, 10:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Do they do half a day on the 48 and the other half of the drivers turn on local work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/09/2019 19:00)mikestone Wrote:  Do they do half a day on the 48 and the other half of the drivers turn on local work?

A Cadet was being used on the 48 this morning
Service 48 contract specifies minimum 37 seats for the AM & PM school journeys, in term time. This was also the case when Howards operated the service.
I suppose the only issue that i can see would be working the 48s into any CAT9 services otherwise thats a fair bit of dead mileage between Warrington and Northwich/Frodsham considering if a large vehicle is only needed on the school peaks and the rest are fine.

Shame Warrington sold their Optare Solo's a few years back :-P
Haven't there been some changes with Mid Cheshire college this term meaning reduced am/pm loadings so a smaller bus can now cope?

(24/09/2019 19:26)stankevitch Wrote:  I suppose the only issue that i can see would be working the 48s into any CAT9 services otherwise thats a fair bit of dead mileage between Warrington and Northwich/Frodsham considering if a large vehicle is only needed on the school peaks and the rest are fine.

Shame Warrington sold their Optare Solo's a few years back :-P

Works for me
Just seen one of the classic Enviro200s on a 22
(24/09/2019 21:56)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Haven't there been some changes with Mid Cheshire college this term meaning reduced am/pm loadings so a smaller bus can now cope?

Not sure what loadings in Weaverham are like but it wasn't carrying any college pupils some days in the 18/19 academic year as the AM run sometimes drove past the Greenbank stop without picking up or setting down.

The Mid Cheshire changes have been happening over a few years with only a very small number of courses being offered at Hartford for a couple of years, I think there may be none at all now.
Disappointing (but not entirely surprising) that we get to the day of the changes and the new timetables are still not on Warrington's website, at least as far as I can see.
It's a pretty poor show if your bus service is going down to hourly (service 10).
I know the timetables are available elsewhere, but you can't expect people to keep checking multiple sources.
(30/09/2019 11:58)Valandil Wrote:  Disappointing (but not entirely surprising) that we get to the day of the changes and the new timetables are still not on Warrington's website, at least as far as I can see.
It's a pretty poor show if your bus service is going down to hourly (service 10).
I know the timetables are available elsewhere, but you can't expect people to keep checking multiple sources.
WOB has never been good at keeping the site updated. It's not a difficult thing to do either which is a shame.
I see WOB 47 and 49 have been declared SORN

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)