Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(18/08/2019 14:25)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  A number of buses have the contactless payment facility but not all. In addition to this a number of buses have been purchased from Vision Buses of Bolton.

LJ04LFG, LJ04LGC, LJ04LDU
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/08/2019 15:03)AlexBus12 Wrote:  LJ04LFG, LJ04LGC, LJ04LDU

I wonder what these are for Schools or Replacements for the B7TLs?
Great news to hear more DB250s have arrived

I spoke to a member of WOB's management team last year and they said they were a fan of them

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(31/07/2019 16:52)Azzcart2000 Wrote:  Taken just today doing the Wednesday only 48A, 1305 to Frodsham.
[Image: 48424065902_a4ebb38961_c.jpg]Warrington's Own Buses 214, Northwich by Aaron Cartwright, on Flickr
Fair play, that bus really suits the WOB livery.
I think the V plate Volvo B7’s aren’t far off being retired. I think 151 has been withdrawn but not a hundred per cent sure. I personally prefer the Volvos to the DAFs but the DAFs are proving to be pretty reliable on the whole...
(18/08/2019 21:02)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I think the V plate Volvo B7’s aren’t far off being retired. I think 151 has been withdrawn but not a hundred per cent sure. I personally prefer the Volvos to the DAFs but the DAFs are proving to be pretty reliable on the whole...

I prefer the B9 over the B7 but i doubt we'll be seeing them around
Some changes to the network coming up:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ce-changes

... the 4A is finally getting renumbered 4, a triumph for common sense lol.

Amazingly, the service disruptions page has actually been updated (though there is still heavily out-of-date information about services such as 31 and 15A which have not existed for a while).
(20/08/2019 12:51)Valandil Wrote:  Some changes to the network coming up:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ce-changes

There may be some debranding as the 32 goes down to every 20 minutes (so requiring 3 vehicles, down from 4) and the 4A is finally getting renumbered 4, a triumph for common sense lol.

Amazingly, the service disruptions page has actually been updated (though there is still heavily out-of-date information about services such as 31 and 15A which have not existed for a while).

The 32 is only every 20 minutes on Saturdays though - still should be every 15 minutes Monday to Friday?
Ah yes, sorry, missed that bit.
As far as I'm concerned there's very little reason to catch Warrington's 32 though, unless you have money to burn - lower frequencies sometimes, more restricted journey lengths, higher prices. You can actually get to Liverpool and back (or Southport or ...) on Arriva for less than it costs for a return from Penketh to Warrington.
(20/08/2019 13:44)Valandil Wrote:  Ah yes, sorry, missed that bit.
As far as I'm concerned there's very little reason to catch Warrington's 32 though, unless you have money to burn - lower frequencies sometimes, more restricted journey lengths, higher prices. You can actually get to Liverpool and back (or Southport or ...) on Arriva for less than it costs for a return from Penketh to Warrington.

Out of interest how much do Arriva charge for a day return from Widnes to Warrington?

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)