Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(26/07/2019 20:02)Nwales Bus Wrote:  As part of changes to the One. Stagecoach are reintroducing late night buses through the tunnel on Friday & Saturday night.

00:15 liverpool - Rock Ferry depot
00:45 & 01:45 Liverpool - Bromborough cross

They already run

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02019).pdf

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
New 1 Timetable 1
New X1 Timetable X1
Find all posts by this user
(26/07/2019 12:44)B10B6514 Wrote:  To be fair the Preston X2 is express/limited stop from Preston to Banks.

That is true but this is outside of the Merseyside boundary and Stagecoach also run a stopping service (2) between Southport and Preston.
Both the 1,X1, will struggle with timings,and driver changeover still has to be sorted out

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(27/07/2019 15:14)Penny Return Wrote:  Both the 1,X1, will struggle with timings,and driver changeover still has to be sorted out
Now that both services operate via Cheshire Oaks can you see the impending chaos during busy times at Cheshire Oaks.

At present you can avoid Cheshire Oaks by using the 2 but not any more after these changes.

Something tells me with these changes the sections that make money. Chester - Ellesmere Port Bus Station , Ellesmere Port Bus station- Overpool Station and Hooton - Liverpool this route ties those sections together.
(27/07/2019 15:14)Penny Return Wrote:  Both the 1,X1, will struggle with timings,and driver changeover still has to be sorted out

Re change overs, the 1 and X1 will interwork, so all change overs will be at Rock Ferry depot.

Note looking at the new timetables, there are some early starts, excluding night bus the 1 will run almost 21 hours a day
(27/07/2019 21:03)N271CKB Wrote:  Re change overs, the 1 and X1 will interwork, so all change overs will be at Rock Ferry depot.

Note looking at the new timetables, there are some early starts, excluding night bus the 1 will run almost 21 hours a day

04.30 being the first southbound bus from Rock Ferry depot to Chester, can't recall an earlier service to Chester, & it's not a token early service either, next one is 04.50, 05.05 then about every 20 minutes, i know MTL started early when they operated the 10C, but the first service was just after 05.40 not 04.30, hmmm the 811 connects with the new 1 times so that gives plenty of early journey opportunities

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(28/07/2019 00:03)MTL0201 Wrote:  04.30 being the first southbound bus from Rock Ferry depot to Chester, can't recall an earlier service to Chester, & it's not a token early service either, next one is 04.50, 05.05 then about every 20 minutes, i know MTL started early when they operated the 10C, but the first service was just after 05.40 not 04.30, hmmm the 811 connects with the new 1 times so that gives plenty of early journey opportunities

Presumably so early starting so it can get to Chester in time to run a normal time service returning to Liverpool, without having to run to Chester out of service seeing as Chester depot arnt involved
Is the 22 being run entirely out of the Chester depot? Because the first 3 buses Monday - Friday all start in either West Kirby or Heswall. Do they run dead or is it ran by both Rock Ferry and Chester? Also I’ve noticed some journeys arrive in Chester 50 minutes or so before the next journey out - does it interwork with another route? Surely that can’t be the layover
From what I have read recently, chester depot is fully taking over the 6, 7 & 22 routes and rock ferry depot will not be involved with their running once the changes come into effect.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)