Current time: 05/05/2024, 15:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
On the fleetlist from 30/6 on ukbuses.co.uk 4166 is showing as allocated to Wythenshawe depot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/07/2019 11:28)B10B6514 Wrote:  On the fleetlist from 30/6 on ukbuses.co.uk 4166 is showing as allocated to Wythenshawe depot.

Cheers for that

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
4114 was out on a training run in wallasey village about 2 hours ago presumably for the 413/414 & 423 route.
4129 and 2 others are here alongside 4114, apparently they're just staying for the summer hols

4129 has been on 495s today
Can I ask please if anybody knows if vehicle 2576 has any issues.

The only reason I ask is because I have rode it on the 413 and today the 410 and I suppose having been a bus driver myself I would notice but it seems as if its engine or gearbox is in a bad way because its acceleration is very poor.

With the drivers foot fully on the gas it struggles badly going up hills barely reaching 5 - 10 mph in 1st gear and will not change gear until it gets on a flat road or a downhill gradient when it finally struggles its way up to roughly 30 mph, I am surprised it hasn't blown its engine to pieces with how much it struggles.

Also its short of windows that can be opened, only 3 out of a potential 6.
4103,4111,4114 and 4129 were all on 437 today.
(26/07/2019 16:08)313201 Wrote:  Can I ask please if anybody knows if vehicle 2576 has any issues.

The only reason I ask is because I have rode it on the 413 and today the 410 and I suppose having been a bus driver myself I would notice but it seems as if its engine or gearbox is in a bad way because its acceleration is very poor.

With the drivers foot fully on the gas it struggles badly going up hills barely reaching 5 - 10 mph in 1st gear and will not change gear until it gets on a flat road or a downhill gradient when it finally struggles its way up to roughly 30 mph, I am surprised it hasn't blown its engine to pieces with how much it struggles.

Also its short of windows that can be opened, only 3 out of a potential 6.

It threw a conrod a few months back, and has had a recon engine fitted, been a constant issue ever since and always being booked off for poor performance
Ahh I see and can certainly understand that, sounds as though it should be kept off the road until it can be properly sorted out.

I understand that it would mean 1 bus off the road not earning for the depot while it gets sorted out but at the same time its better off the road than on given its current condition.

I've also seen 4103, 4111 & 4114 upto now, they are on the 407/471 & 472 at the mo.
(27/07/2019 14:26)313201 Wrote:  Ahh I see and can certainly understand that, sounds as though it should be kept off the road until it can be properly sorted out.

I understand that it would mean 1 bus off the road not earning for the depot while it gets sorted out but at the same time its better off the road than on given its current condition.

I've also seen 4103, 4111 & 4114 up to now, they are on the 407/471 & 472 at the mo.

Presumably with the school holidays service reductions there are enough spares so that others can get some much-needed TLC and/or repainting.
Back in April, it being reported Arriva was looking at extending the operating hours of the 492/495. Anyone know of any further developments regarding this?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)