Current time: 19/03/2024, 04:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(19/07/2019 20:52)wirralbus Wrote:  Chester Business Park and Chester Railway Station is this to try and upset the Helms of Eastham apple cart on the city centre service.

You could have buses every 5 minutes but if you don't stop outside the station and match the £1 single fare, you won't get passengers.
That stop outside the station means the most I would say.

When I used the X8 a while back for the short hop, it is more expensive than then CRL so there is no incentive to use the route. Arriva also don't have a piece of the pie for the same reason.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27272 on X8 today,rare after 1st service out from Rock Ferry

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
What has happened to the point I made this morning regarding rock ferry depot.

Seems to have miraculously disappeared from the thread
(17/07/2019 16:21)Turbostar Wrote:  My reading is that the only part of the X1 route that will be all stops is the part between Ellesmere Port & Eastham. Granted, that’s a fair stretch, but the route either side of that will still be limited stop.
No,it stops at Bromborough Cross & others,unless I have read it wrong

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(20/07/2019 15:55)Penny Return Wrote:  No,it stops at Bromborough Cross & others,unless I have read it wrong

You could be right. I’m not sure having seen various messages about the X1. The timetable will reveal all, but if there is no limited stop, Stagecoach are throwing away quite a bit of business they’ve built up over the last few years.

I remember when First withdrew the original X8. I told them at the time there remained a demand for a faster bus between Chester & Liverpool but was told, somewhat patronisingly, that they knew best. Stagecoach seem to be doing exactly the same.
(20/07/2019 17:06)Turbostar Wrote:  You could be right. I’m not sure having seen various messages about the X1. The timetable will reveal all, but if there is no limited stop, Stagecoach are throwing away quite a bit of business they’ve built up over the last few years.

I remember when First withdrew the original X8. I told them at the time there remained a demand for a faster bus between Chester & Liverpool but was told, somewhat patronisingly, that they knew best. Stagecoach seem to be doing exactly the same.

I personally think this is a big mistake withdrawing the X8, especially as they have built the route up, I used to use the X8 quite a lot as it was cheaper than driving over to Liverpool with tunnel fares and parking charges, but won't use the X1 as its not as direct as the X8.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens when the 1 is extended to Chester Business Park will Arriva sit back and allow Stagecoach on to their patch

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Stagecoach have released Network Maps for Wirral and Ellesmere Port as of the September changes. The tendered services 80/82 have not been altered on the map as they are still under consultation

Wirral Map: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...pt2019.pdf

Ellesmere Port: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...pt2019.pdf

Chester: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...pt2019.pdf
(23/07/2019 10:52)mrd97 Wrote:  Chester: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...pt2019.pdf

Very interesting to see mention of an X30 Chester to Warrington evening service on the Chester map.
To clear up about that X30, it will only be 1 trip replacing the X1 at 19:08 from Runcorn (which currently terminates at Helsby Arms). This is being changed at the request of CWaCC.

(Source is the Stagecoach site)
(23/07/2019 11:13)Valandil Wrote:  Very interesting to see mention of an X30 Chester to Warrington evening service on the Chester map.

Isn't this just the 21 re numbered?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)