Current time: 26/04/2024, 11:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Lots of different vehicles operate the 80 and 82, mostly gold vehicles, as generally a 38 from Croft Retail Park goes onto an 82, which then does the 80, then onto a 38 to Eastham Ferry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The 38 and 80/82 hasnt interworked since April.
Solos seem to be used most often on the West Kirby circles
(17/07/2019 23:02)N271CKB Wrote:  The 38 and 80/82 hasnt interworked since April.
Solos seem to be used most often on the West Kirby circles

I always wondered whether the Double deckers occasionally seen on the 38 may have been a bit on the big side for the 80 and 82 service , hence them becoming standalone bus services.

Interworking also imports any delays as well.
There is now a separate consultation for the 80/82 with two options including extending to APH via Arrowe Brook Rd

(Sorry, just noticed it in Merseytravel thread)
(18/07/2019 09:03)DVG526 Wrote:  There is now a separate consultation for the 80/82 with two options including extending to APH via Arrowe Brook Rd

(Sorry, just noticed it in Merseytravel thread)

I think Merseytravel had to wait until the 22 was confirmed as no longer operating via Arrowe park Hospital , before anything could be done to alleviate the West Kirby - Arrowe Park Hospital section of route.
Option B looks better in my opinion, but I reckon the 82 should turn up Newton Cross Lane and into Ennisdale Drive rather than past Hilbre High School to get to Black Horse Hill. That section already served by 22/437 and Ennisdale Drive should get more then one bus every 2 hours
Further details available about September's network changes. In addition to now serving Chester Rail Station, the 1 will be further extended (Monday-Friday daytime) to serve Chester Business Park

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...ation.aspx
Chester Business Park and Chester Railway Station is this to try and upset the Helms of Eastham apple cart on the city centre service.
In my opinion its absolutely pointless extending the 1 to those places, the timing is excessively ridiculous as it is now.

If the extension happens then stagecoach might as well put it out on their website saying if the 1 turns up at all we'll be lucky.
Found out that the X prefix on the X1 means X Rated,from E.Port - Liverpool will be
more or less like the 1,going down the bypass won,t make much difference in timings
after stopping at all stops.Taking the X8 off Chester is a big big mistake,second biggest
earner after the Blacons from their depot,how thick can you get

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)