Current time: 28/03/2024, 14:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
I would say that eliminating cheshire oaks and chester zoo from the 1/X1 would certainly benefit the route and therefore keep the service on time as it xhould be.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/07/2019 15:24)313201 Wrote:  I would say that eliminating cheshire oaks and chester zoo from the 1/X1 would certainly benefit the route and therefore keep the service on time as it xhould be.
Only problem is that both these places are a major source of business and if they were omitted may reduce the profitability of these routes.
Then possibly the better option would be to reduce the number of buses per hour serving them.

In a sense its like merseyrail do on their chester - liverpool services.

In short, 2 trains per hour stop at capenhurst and 2 per hour run non stop through there..

Generally what I am trying to say is have 3 buses serve cheshire oaks and chester zoo in 1 direction and then bypass them on the opposite journey.

So in a sense 3 buses would serve cheshire oaks and chester say from chester to liverpool say at 00, 20 & 40 past the hour then on the way back to chester would bypass them, the 3 buses that would leave liverpool at 10, 30 & 50 past the hour would serve cheshire oaks and not on the way back.

So in a sense it would be 20 minute frequency in each direction but means that cheshire oaks and chester zoo would still get 6 buses but only 3 each way.

A long winded way to explain it but hopefully it makes sense.
(16/07/2019 16:31)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Only problem is that both these places are a major source of business and if they were omitted may reduce the profitability of these routes.

Stagecoach will need to look at maybe giving the buses some standing time at Cheshire Oaks maybe an official arriving and departing time to try and alleviate any late running caused by traffic related issues .

You will never be able to devise a fully workable timetable whilst both entrance and exits have a roundabout instead of traffic light control.

Why does the 1 have to take that detour around the estate next to Marks and Spencer , in about the last 10 journeys i have been on , the bus only stopped once on that section of route .
According to Cheshire West and Chester’s website, the 1 is to be extended into Chester Business Park

Also I just realised if the 22 is rerouted, West Kirby Newton and Greasby will have no link to Arrowe Park, with the 1 Mile stretch of road from Arrowe Park Road into Greasby Village (Arrowe Brook Road I think) will have no bus service whatsoever
(16/07/2019 17:19)mrd97 Wrote:  According to Cheshire West and Chester’s website, the 1 is to be extended into Chester Business Park

Also I just realised if the 22 is rerouted, West Kirby Newton and Greasby will have no link to Arrowe Park, with the 1 Mile stretch of road from Arrowe Park Road into Greasby Village (Arrowe Brook Road I think) will have no bus service whatsoever

Wow that’s a big step onto one of Arrivas prime routes. I wonder how they will respond..
[quote='mrd97' pid='130783' dateline='1563297556']
According to Cheshire West and Chester’s website, the 1 is to be extended into Chester Business Park

It won't be going to the business park, that was a misprint. It will be extending to Chester Railway Station.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/07/2019 19:06)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  [quote='mrd97' pid='130783' dateline='1563297556']

It won't be going to the business park, that was a misprint. It will be extending to Chester Railway Station.

Cheshire West and Chester are renowned for misprints, several times I've emailed them to advise of their errors

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Fair enough. I did think it seemed an odd route extension

I wonder how passengers will take to the news of all these changes when they are announced?
(16/07/2019 19:06)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  It won't be going to the business park, that was a misprint. It will be extending to Chester Railway Station.

In that case, it's even worse than I thought regarding potential confusion to passengers.
Both Chester and Liverpool already have services called X1 and Chester has *three* services called 1 (as well as a 1A), with two of them going to Chester Railway Station.
It's not like there aren't other numbers available, e.g. 3.
Whenever I'm there, there always seem to be people who are completely confused and in need of help in Chester, particularly around Chester Railway Station.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what mix of vehicles will end up on the 1/X1, particularly how many deckers and how many single deckers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)