Current time: 19/04/2024, 08:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Is the 22 still going to serve Moreton, as to be honest, that section feels like a white elephant, doesn't help it's timmed just behind the 38 in both directions, then you have the 407, most passengers will be using Merseytravel tickets/ENCTS passes will get the 38/407.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/07/2019 12:10)MTL0201 Wrote:  Is the 22 still going to serve Moreton, as to be honest, that section feels like a white elephant, doesn't help it's timmed just behind the 38 in both directions, then you have the 407, most passengers will be using Merseytravel tickets/ENCTS passes will get the 38/407.

The proposals were for it to run West Kirby to Chester via Heswall and Neston. The same routing which it ran for many years before Avon messed around with it.
(14/07/2019 12:10)MTL0201 Wrote:  Is the 22 still going to serve Moreton, as to be honest, that section feels like a white elephant, doesn't help it's timmed just behind the 38 in both directions, then you have the 407, most passengers will be using Merseytravel tickets/ENCTS passes will get the 38/407.

The consultation advises arrowe park and moreton are to be dropped from.the route, whether this will stand is anyones guess

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

No, it's to be cut back to West kirby, hence the 38 reroute via Sandbrook
From 1st September service 5a Ellesmere - Stanney Grange is withdrawn

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(13/07/2019 18:22)Busguy12 Wrote:  What chester have been told regarding x1 is,
Same route from chester to ellesmere port as x8 does,
Ellesmere port to Eastham as the 2 does
Then from Eastham to liverpool as the x8

But the x1 will stop at All stops

Then where will the driver change be, if the Eastham - Liverpool is the same ?

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(15/07/2019 08:36)Penny Return Wrote:  Then where will the driver change be, if the Eastham - Liverpool is the same ?

My guess would be the stop at the botton of tbe Rock Ferrry Bypass the last stop before the tunnel on the current X8

Unless they add an additional stop at the northen end of the bypass between the KFC and the Esso garage
(15/07/2019 10:02)Nwales Bus Wrote:  My guess would be the stop at the botton of tbe Rock Ferrry Bypass the last stop before the tunnel on the current X8

Unless they add an additional stop at the northen end of the bypass between the KFC and the Esso garage

I'd suggest the latter as at least there are lay-by's to pull into. Swapping drivers at Shore Drive will lead to congestion as there's nowhere to recess away from the road for either bus or van.
(15/07/2019 12:09)Turbostar19 Wrote:  I'd suggest the latter as at least there are lay-by's to pull into. Swapping drivers at Shore Drive will lead to congestion as there's nowhere to recess away from the road for either bus or van.

Or the 1 and X1 will interwork at either Chester or Liverpool.

Passengers hate driver changes which can be protracted at times , passengers on the 437 and 407 at Laird Street can vouch for that.
(15/07/2019 12:09)Turbostar19 Wrote:  I'd suggest the latter as at least there are lay-by's to pull into. Swapping drivers at Shore Drive will lead to congestion as there's nowhere to recess away from the road for either bus or van.

Agreed, drivers going to/from changeover can also use Green Lane roundabout to turn around at that end, i don't think there's anywhere suitable to do a u turn at the Shore Drive end.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)