Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(12/06/2019 08:40)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Sorry if this has already been answered but what ex-Kettering Gold Enviro400’s have still to enter service yet?

I’ve seen/used 15739, 15740, 15742, 17545, 17546, 15746, 15748 & 15749 in service and I think from the past posts here 15743, 15744 & 15751 are in service but I’ve yet to see or hear of 15741 a 15747 running yet? I know 15741 might not see service, but are 15743, 15744, 15747 & 15751 runners at the moment? Hope to do these at some point fairly soon.

Generally I find it strange how much of a hammering these ex-Kettering Gold’s got from their previous lives (operating territory) as I used 15739 and it seems the front dome took a bit of a big hit at some point in it’s career. Most of the others seem a bit bashed around too and is the damaged/problems on 15741 too much to be sorted out?

Considering they’re the same age as Speke’s Gemini’s Arriva's seem in a much better condition generally. Hopefully they’ll get sorted and settle down for a few years at RF.

Thanks again.

I rode on 15751 last week, on service 1; 15739/40/43 were also seen on the 1 on the same day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Both "Ugly sisters " 16957/8 were back on X8 today

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(12/06/2019 18:14)Penny Return Wrote:  Both "Ugly sisters " 16957/8 were back on X8 today

Been busy last week and this week, use route on X8, U4 and 15 to saughall.
The change to the service 2 is temporary Stagecoach have advised on Twitter. This is pending some additional work needing to be done at the junction of Bebington Road and Greendale Road.

At present the keep clear markings are in the wrong place and maybe more traffic restrictions will be required in Greendale Road , Port Sunlight bound. Birkenhead bound services look like they will have a bus bay . As the junction seems to have been built out from the original line of the carriageway.
Thanks for the updates on the ex-Kettering Gold's everyone/much appreciated.
47327 on X2 today

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
In birkenhead about an hour ago was a Gold single decker on the 472 . I never expected to see one on that route , considering the amount of Gold double double deckers floating around at Rock ferry.
15745 was on 41/2 this afternoon,I think the single deck must been a replacement earlier on as there was a couple of golds being worked on in the yard about 2.30ish one being one the newer golds.
Apparently there’s a few changes to Stagecoach’s Wirral services in July. As the consultation is for September, are the changes for July just timing changes?
(22/06/2019 09:41)mrd97 Wrote:  Apparently there’s a few changes to Stagecoach’s Wirral services in July. As the consultation is for September, are the changes for July just timing changes?

It will be normal summer timetables. Same with all depots. The high frequency routes get reduced slightly.

Other routes like the 1/2 will be minor time changes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)