Current time: 18/04/2024, 10:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Hybrids 101, 102, 103 and 104 are all in the new ‘BlueLine’ livery and I have to say they really do look the part. They will be out and about on the new 32 service starting tomorrow. The 32 service will now be departing from bay 8 at the bus station. Let’s hope all goes well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've got to agree 101-104 do look smart in their new livery, I managed to get photos of all of them the other weekend when I was down in Warrington as all of them were out and about on various routes, I do like their new destination displays as well.
Make of this notice about the 14/15 what you will:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...15-changes

While it might only be a small mercy, I hope the short notice change is approved, as taking 30 minutes to get to town from the Meeting Lane area is rather excessive if you're unlucky enough to live there (it used to take about 10 minutes on the most direct route).
It's almost certainly quicker for those who can to walk and catch Arriva buses or the 'Blueline' 32 in Penketh, though of course that would only further the cycle of the decline in bus services in the Sankey area.
I love how they have worked out its viability within less than a week. Who on earth judges demand and viability over 1 week?
They chose to divert the route and now they are complaining about additional millage.
(04/05/2019 15:05)iMarkeh Wrote:  I love how they have worked out its viability within less than a week. Who on earth judges demand and viability over 1 week?
They chose to divert the route and now they are complaining about additional millage.

If you think that's bad a few years ago High Peak decided to submit a cancellation request for a service on the same day a significantly revised timetable started! Although, in that case D&G registered the service to the same timetable so it was perhaps a decision made by Julian Peddle that it would be more effectively operated from a D&G depot in Crewe than a High Peak one in Dove Holes.
(04/05/2019 15:05)iMarkeh Wrote:  I love how they have worked out its viability within less than a week. Who on earth judges demand and viability over 1 week?

IMarkeh you are always very critical about Warringtons Own Buses. The changes the company made were as a direct result of passenger numbers and costs of operating certain routes. No company is going to operate a service if it’s losing money. The company are working hard to turning things around and no decisions regarding cutting routes will have been taken lightly. If the 15 service is reintroduced then this will be down to a number of factors. Let’s focus on the positive things going on within the company rather than simply being quite negative all the time....
How have the bigger buses on the 22 coped with Elizabeth Road in Haydock
(04/05/2019 18:36)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  IMarkeh you are always very critical about Warringtons Own Buses. The changes the company made were as a direct result of passenger numbers and costs of operating certain routes. No company is going to operate a service if it’s losing money. The company are working hard to turning things around and no decisions regarding cutting routes will have been taken lightly. If the 15 service is reintroduced then this will be down to a number of factors. Let’s focus on the positive things going on within the company rather than simply being quite negative all the time....

He really does annoy me such a know it all, it's been said before he's such an expert i'm sure he'll make loads of money any company he runs.Hammer

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(04/05/2019 18:42)jcksmnr Wrote:  How have the bigger buses on the 22 coped with Elizabeth Road in Haydock

Iv heard it’s been a bit of a struggle to be honest...
(04/05/2019 18:44)MTL0201 Wrote:  He really does annoy me such a know it all, it's been said before he's such an expert i'm sure he'll make loads of money any company he runs.Hammer

My thoughts are that he is very ‘anti’ Warringtons Own Buses which means even if the company were achieving all of its aims and objectives he would still have something very negative to say...

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)