Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(29/03/2019 20:23)iMarkeh Wrote:  WOB were trying to get Link Network out with the 32X. It isn't plugging a gap, it was competing for them to drop the route and then they can take the passengers.

I wouldn't say people are loyal to WOB. It's more they are the only option. The majority of pass holders are 'first bus' people. Paying passengers are always ranting on the Guardian about WOB but may chose to travel on the basis of the through tickets.

To be completely honest, if there was alternatives in most of Warrington, I think people would use them. As people did with Fairbrothers.

On the Dallam at least, Fairbrothers proved that if there's an alternative it will be used. And that's even with the fairly amateur set up Fairbrothers were running. I know my wife regularly uses the number 3, and I'm sure if there was a cheaper alternative she'd use it, regardless of whose bus it was.

I'd also agree with an eariler point about how good it is that WOB are actually publicising these changes in advance with timetables to be made available within the next week. Too many times it's left til the last minute to make the new timetables available.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/03/2019 18:41)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Which new Enviros would they be? At the moment, as far as I am aware, no new Enviros are expected anytime soon. The 32 service running to Widnes I think will do quite well as I am sure prices will be more than competitive with what Arriva currently offer. The 62 service will be interesting, do Arriva Runcorn have any plans to scrap the X30 between Runcorn and Warrington?

One user here claimed that WOB did announced that there is a batch of Enviro200 on order, We would have to wait and see in the coming weeks.

I highly doubt Arriva will scrap the X30, Although that also serves Runcorn but serves a different route.

The X30 can also be a busy service too even on off peaks.
(29/03/2019 18:41)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  The 62 service will be interesting, do Arriva Runcorn have any plans to scrap the X30 between Runcorn and Warrington?

Why would they ?
There is some subsidy for the X30.
X30 Runcorn-Warrington section is busy, can be standing room only at times, no way will Arriva withdraw it.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(30/03/2019 15:18)Valandil Wrote:  There is some subsidy for the X30.
Only 1 work trip Mon-Fri (07:22 from Runcorn) (Funded by Warrington)
And a return Runcorn to Chester trip (funded by Halton I am unsure on the trips though)

It isn't much subsidy really.
(30/03/2019 12:01)TheShire Wrote:  One user here claimed that WOB did announced that there is a batch of Enviro200 on order, We would have to wait and see in the coming weeks.

I highly doubt Arriva will scrap the X30, Although that also serves Runcorn but serves a different route.

The X30 can also be a busy service too even on off peaks.

I can categorically confirm that we are not to receive any new Enviros anytime soon so that rumour can be put to bed.
(30/03/2019 20:28)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I can categorically confirm that we are not to receive any new Enviros anytime soon so that rumour can be put to bed.

If WOB are not due any further Buses then what extra Buses will be used on the additional work?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/03/2019 20:39)T42 PVM Wrote:  If WOB are not due any further Buses then what extra Buses will be used on the additional work?

The company will manage with what we already have. Remember we have a number of currently ‘off road’ Cadets that can be made serviceable once more...
(30/03/2019 21:24)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  The company will manage with what we already have. Remember we have a number of currently ‘off road’ Cadets that can be made serviceable once more...

Its just someones dropped me a text saying WOB have bought 5 Versa's from Transdev?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)