Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Does Rockferry operate any other duties on the X8 other than a morning, I Saw a Gold 400MMC tonight heading to Chester around 18:45

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/03/2019 20:37)chester285 Wrote:  Does Rockferry operate any other duties on the X8 other than a morning, I Saw a Gold 400MMC tonight heading to Chester around 18:45
Only the 07:58 but I am unsure if they may run more from April with the Mon-fri 18:44 terminating at Ellesmere Port instead of Chester
(28/03/2019 15:27)iMarkeh Wrote:  I am surprised though that they haven't tried to move the ops to Gillmoss because as they have said in the consultation, it's very costly to keep the depot open for 1 bus. GM has the 86 all night, every night.

I don't see why the requirement for "supervisory staff needed at the depot in case of breakdown or emergency" couldn't be handled from Gillmoss, regardless of whether the bus in question is going to physically return there. The only requirement at RF would then be for the bus to be let into the yard, the driver to get into the building to pay in, and for the premises to be locked up behind them. Even if that required one member of depot staff to remain on duty for an extra couple of hours, I'd have thought the costs would compare favourably to the sum of driver wages, diesel, and tunnel toll required to run dead from Bromborough to Gillmoss.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/03/2019 21:04)Quackdave Wrote:  I don't see why the requirement for "supervisory staff needed at the depot in case of breakdown or emergency" couldn't be handled from Gillmoss, regardless of whether the bus in question is going to physically return there. The only requirement at RF would then be for the bus to be let into the yard, the driver to get into the building to pay in, and for the premises to be locked up behind them. Even if that required one member of depot staff to remain on duty for an extra couple of hours, I'd have thought the costs would compare favourably to the sum of driver wages, diesel, and tunnel toll required to run dead from Bromborough to Gillmoss.
It depends on the supervisory costs. You are talking increased costs running it from Gillmoss from the perspective of drivers and bus but if the supervisors are there and any additional cost which may come with the depot being open for 1 single bus, it could be worth examining the costs in depth.

Is there more costs than meet the eye with keeping the depot open longer?
poppy bus 19031 was on the 38 today heading towards West Kirby.
(29/03/2019 21:04)Quackdave Wrote:  I don't see why the requirement for "supervisory staff needed at the depot in case of breakdown or emergency" couldn't be handled from Gillmoss, regardless of whether the bus in question is going to physically return there. The only requirement at RF would then be for the bus to be let into the yard, the driver to get into the building to pay in, and for the premises to be locked up behind them. Even if that required one member of depot staff to remain on duty for an extra couple of hours, I'd have thought the costs would compare favourably to the sum of driver wages, diesel, and tunnel toll required to run dead from Bromborough to Gillmoss.

A member of staff became present at the depot 24/7 a good while before the nightbus N1 was introduced, when they took the private security firm away to cut costs and replaced with a desk supervisor. Last bus comes in around 1am, and first shift starts about 4am if i remember rightly, so they only have to pay a desk supervisor 3 hours a night to sit there with no shifts on duty, rather than pay an outside security firm much more. I would imagine this will continue even after the nightbus is gone, so is just an excuse.
ADL Enviro200 36314 LX58CAU is now in corporate livery.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Saw one of the Gold enviro 400s on the back of a tow truck this afternoon going past Birkenhead Bus Station towards Laird Street. Gone for scrap?
More like Gillmoss.
Probably the one that was parked up in Rock Ferry for the last few weeks with x4 branding.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)