Current time: 18/04/2024, 22:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Warrington last bought a new double-decker in 1989 - 30 years ago, all deckers since have been secondhand and I presume there would be no need to change that policy as a number of them are for schools only. The only possible exception to this and it has been talked about in the past, is if one was bought for the purpose of Private Hires, although that came to nought last time.

Suspect ex London stock will suffice, or possibly if any stock becomes available from independents or ex lease stock handed back.

Really, also it would only be small numbers, introduced gradually as they become available on the secondhand market and if Warrington's budget can afford them at a particular stage. The first out would probably now be the V plate ALX400 examples everything else has Wright Gemini Bodies so that would standardise to some extent the body parts required.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
About the 32X, I think the reason why it is a decker is because it is something to do between the 265 school runs - it explains the gap in service in the afternoon.

I'm confused - does the 1C still run?
As the timetable for it is online and in Warrington's Travel Centre but it doesn't appear on bustimes.org.
The route changes I have heard about both the 32 and 32X are very interesting indeed, particularly in light of the competition in West Warrington.
Or maybe the rumour mill is just in full swing.
Anyway, looking forwards to seeing confirmation of what is actually happening.
No doubt it is all part of the MD's plan to get a sort of "sub network" going in West Warrington like the Cheshire Cat in South Warrington.
Versa 101 has been debranded ahead of repaint

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nick1208/46567330474
Credit: Nick Thomson
Anyone know which workings on the CAT 6 see decker operation?
(13/03/2019 16:09)Valandil Wrote:  Anyone know which workings on the CAT 6 see decker operation?

I know the 10:00 used to be. Not seen for a while though but used to come off the 09:00 ex Northwich 9A.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tf91/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/03/2019 21:52)Tf91 Wrote:  I know the 10:00 used to be. Not seen for a while though but used to come off the 09:00 ex Northwich 9A.

Sometimes there's a decker on that working, other times it's a Cadet.
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...-customers

Interesting bit at the bottom of the article about new links from April 28th to Widnes, Halton lea, Ashton and a shoppers bus from 'Warrington West' to Westbrook and Gemini.
Thanks for the info about the CAT 6 - I thought there was also one in the afternoon, but that might have changed.
I know in the past there used to be a decker on a short to Cobbs Estate.

(15/03/2019 17:18)K10K11 Wrote:  https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...-customers

Interesting bit at the bottom of the article about new links from April 28th to Widnes, Halton lea, Ashton and a shoppers bus from 'Warrington West' to Westbrook and Gemini.

This appears to more or less confirm what I heard about the route changes to the 32X and 32 respectively.
Is that the same date Link Network come off the 110? Could explain why they made that decision.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)