Current time: 25/04/2024, 12:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Economy
RE: The Economy
Here is the first casualty of Christmas 2014....

Parcel delivery company City Link, which employs 2,727 people, has gone into administration.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
High Street fashion chain Bank has fallen into administration, putting 1,500 jobs at risk.

The chain, has 84 stores and 1,555 employees.

Bank was founded by Andy Scott - a former Macclesfield Town footballer - in 1994, and focuses on branded fashion items aimed at the youth market.

It is based in Bury in Greater Manchester.
The economy must be doing something right if these two firms want to join forces with each other .

Budget retailer Poundland has said it wants to buy 99p Stores for £55m, subject to approval by competition authorities.
The problem with this is there'll be more empty shops as many towns have both stores and Poundland won't need both.
(06/02/2015 07:51)wirralbus Wrote:  The economy must be doing something right if these two firms want to join forces with each other .

Budget retailer Poundland has said it wants to buy 99p Stores for £55m, subject to approval by competition authorities.

Another "Yank" buyout of a British Company

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
The thing is most of the products in the likes of Poundland are not british made though.
Sandwich chain Subways is to open another 500 sites by 2020. This expansion will create 5000 new jobs.

It presently operates 3000 sites , its nearest rival Greggs operates 1698.
Does anyone think that this time around we may see the demise of HMV
I think so yes, CDs ect can be got online at a lower price

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2018 20:48)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think so yes, CDs ect can be got online at a lower price

The one thing that is going to come from this is another round of redundancies , you do get to the point sooner rather than later that the economy will nose dive as we have to pay unemployment benefits to these and these people will have less disposable income meaning less stuff bought and the cycle starts again and again and again.

User(s) browsing this thread: