Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Vannin
RE: Bus Vannin
(18/11/2018 14:40)Spiiibz Wrote:  After viewing the November newsletter at work, Bus Vannin has ordered 12 new buses. 8 new citaros and 4 citaro k’s. All streetlites (which are god awful to drive) will be withdrawn. No news when they will be arriving.

I understand the StreetLites are due to leave at the end of next month
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've yet to talk to a bus driver who has a good word to say about Streetlites. However, I'd be interested to see their maintenance costings, as I suspect that's what is at the root of the decision to get rid. I visited Stagecoach Yorkshire at Ecclesfield in April, and four of theirs were on ramps simultaneously. They hadn't had them five minutes at the time.
Enviro400 YX68 UPY is here on loan for four weeks
(19/11/2018 15:45)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Enviro400 YX68 UPY is here on loan for four weeks

Not the best picture but I’m sure I’ll try get some more while it’s here.        
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The demonstrator's fleet number is 158

I understand the eight long O295s on order are to be numbered separately to the existing batch of O530s. Will try and confirm them soon
https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-m...new-buses/

News article on the demo bus with more to come!
(02/12/2018 09:59)Spiiibz Wrote:  https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-m...new-buses/

News article on the demo bus with more to come!

Love that they consider replacement necessary after 10 years.
Travelled on the demonstrator yesterday. Was honestly a lovely bus, quite a lot nicer than some of the current buses.
(02/12/2018 21:40)Mista_Kool Wrote:  Travelled on the demonstrator yesterday. Was honestly a lovely bus, quite a lot nicer than some of the current buses.

Just had the chance of driving this demonstrator on a route 1 and Route 2A, really nice bus, full of all the specs (obviously is Bus Vannin purchase these, it won’t come with all the gadgets) the ride was smooth but the braking was quite hard even when you put your foot slightly on the break, also abit slow going up Richmond hill also but overall, comments from passengers, they love it and hope they buy them.

Will see what they future holds but I understand more demonstrators coming in the near future.
Spotted a new Citaro K parked up on the dead patch. Numbered 254. Supposedly 6 more buses arriving tomorrow.

User(s) browsing this thread: