Current time: 18/04/2024, 11:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(12/11/2018 20:27)Valandil Wrote:  The page about this coming Monday's changes has now been amended:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ce-changes

It now gives different times for the new 32X:
"Services will depart at 08:45, 09:30 and then at 10 and 40 minutes past the hour until 12:10. Return journeys will depart the Interchange at 12:45, 13:15, 13:45, 14:15, 14:45, 16:15, 16:45 & 17:15."

It also now says that the 30B will be renumbered 31 and 15E will be renumbered 14 (outbound) and 15 (inbound), in addition to what it used to say.

It's a shame that we have got to Friday night but we still don't have a proper timetable/map for the new 31/32/32X which begin on Monday, but of course this is to be expected in today's day and age.
In particular, by the 32X using 'main roads' I would take this to mean using Sankey Way between Penketh Lane Ends and Warrington Town Centre, but I guess it will probably be using Old Liverpool Road instead as there are no bus stops on Sankey Way - I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens on Monday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It seems that the new timetable for the 31/32/32X is available:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/se...rpool-Road

The first two trips of the day on the 32X might do well, particularly the 9:30am run surely with pass holders in mind, but pretty much all the other trips seem to run between 2 and 4 minutes after the 32 whose route it duplicates for much of the way, so I wouldn't have thought the other trips will pick many up at all.
It's also unusual for Warrington to operate a service like this which doesn't run return trips but just goes one way and dead in the opposite direction.
Registrations I didn't expect to see on the VOSA thread:

PC0001977/135 WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD, WILDERSPOOL CAUSEWAY, WARRINGTON, WA4 6PT From: Warrington, Academy Way To: Warrington, Academy Way Via: Orford Name or No.: N1 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 08 December 2018
Other details: Saturday and Sunday only (night service)

PC0001977/136 WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD, WILDERSPOOL CAUSEWAY, WARRINGTON, WA4 6PT From: Warrington, Academy Way To: Warrington, Academy Way Via: Sankey, Penketh Name or No.: N2 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 08 December 2018 Other details: Saturday and Sunday only (night service)

I guess just for the festive season probably.
(23/11/2018 01:34)Valandil Wrote:  Registrations I didn't expect to see on the VOSA thread:

PC0001977/135 WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD, WILDERSPOOL CAUSEWAY, WARRINGTON, WA4 6PT From: Warrington, Academy Way To: Warrington, Academy Way Via: Orford Name or No.: N1 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 08 December 2018
Other details: Saturday and Sunday only (night service)

PC0001977/136 WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD, WILDERSPOOL CAUSEWAY, WARRINGTON, WA4 6PT From: Warrington, Academy Way To: Warrington, Academy Way Via: Sankey, Penketh Name or No.: N2 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 08 December 2018 Other details: Saturday and Sunday only (night service)

I guess just for the festive season probably.

Is this the first time that night buses have operated in Warrington? Clearly there's no demand for such services in Liverpool.
And an N3 to Birchwood has somehow found its way into the WM N&P!
The night buses are funded by Warrington BID (Business Improvement District) as part of a wider programme of activities for Christmas:-

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/new...christmas/

Vague memories of something similar being tried before one year in Warrington, although I might be imagining that!!!
Yes, there have previously been night buses in the festive season.
About 5 or 6 routes and funded by the council, if I remember rightly - EDIT: just dragged this article up from 2006: https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/new...0.display/
Volvos 86, 90 and 93 are now in the new livery
(23/11/2018 09:00)Barney Wrote:  Is this the first time that night buses have operated in Warrington? Clearly there's no demand for such services in Liverpool.

From recent experience of drinking on Friday and Saturday evenings in Warrington there won't be much demand... it's like a ghost town.
(23/11/2018 23:14)cfm146g Wrote:  From recent experience of drinking on Friday and Saturday evenings in Warrington there won't be much demand... it's like a ghost town.

I think if it's promoted well and properly it might work, but it will be something that gets a brief mention now then gets forgotten about locally when it's actually running.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)