Current time: 06/05/2024, 14:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(05/11/2018 12:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  I suppose you don't think of it as bad till you put into perspective you are losing almost 2/7 of your passengers as the strikes give a vastly reduced service and Sunday driver shortage.

Then add on the normal cancellations (whether within or out of Northerns control). It all adds up. When you think of other TOCs like ATW, they increased their passenger numbers but their services were a lot better.

Many routes see a reduced frequency, later start and earlier finish on Sundays compared to other days normally so I doubt anything like 1/7th of usage is on Sundays. However, I suspect total Saturday usage is higher than average weekday usage on many routes - many routes have quieter middle of the day services on weekdays and late services can be fairly quiet, with Fridays being an exception.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/11/2018 12:22)T42 PVM Wrote:  I actually dropped my MP and E.Mail yesterday about the poor reliability of Northern Services and pointed blame at the Class 319s of which the first 2 between Wigan and Liverpool yesterday morning both picked up Train Faults and ran really late.

If you live in the Liverpool City region maybe you should send a copy of the same email to Steve Rotheram, as he sits on the TfN board.
(05/11/2018 12:26)knutstransport Wrote:  If you live in the Liverpool City region maybe you should send a copy of the same email to Steve Rotheram, as he sits on the TfN board.

Thanks for that, I will do that now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/11/2018 11:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just saw the link should anyone want to see it, did not know things was that bad

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-demands-...ORuFUO7bEs

£282 million, that's nearly 50% more than the ENTIRE amount spent on subsidising bus services in England and Wales.
(05/11/2018 11:50)iMarkeh Wrote:  I think it's fair to say, there is an easy way to solve the Saturday strikes.

I'm guessing not, as presumably, they would have been solved!
(05/11/2018 12:22)T42 PVM Wrote:  I actually dropped my MP and E.Mail yesterday about the poor reliability of Northern Services and pointed blame at the Class 319s of which the first 2 between Wigan and Liverpool yesterday morning both picked up Train Faults and ran really late.

Whilst I openly admit I m not a fan of the 319s on this occasion neither train was delayed due to train faults.The first was delayed due to overhead line problems in the Preston area.The second was delayed due to overcrowding due to the rugby game at Anfield and the overcrowding being due to the first to train being so late
(05/11/2018 22:57)Gordon V Wrote:  Whilst I openly admit I m not a fan of the 319s on this occasion neither train was delayed due to train faults.The first was delayed due to overhead line problems in the Preston area.The second was delayed due to overcrowding due to the rugby game at Anfield and the overcrowding being due to the first to train being so late

Are we talking about the same Train? as i was on the 2nd one, The Guard announced himself it was held at Wigan while a door fault was fixed, There was no overcrowding either, in fact quite a lot of seats where still empty

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Just noticed an Article online, Lib Dem MP Tim Farron is demaning Northern have the franchise stripped from them, He also said that when WCR was operating on The Lakes Line members of Northern staff was telling passengers the service did not exist, If correct that is a disgrace

https://www.heart.co.uk/northlancs/news/...QTq-iQ940w

(06/11/2018 08:52)T42 PVM Wrote:  Are we talking about the same Train? as i was on the 2nd one, The Guard announced himself it was held at Wigan while a door fault was fixed, There was no overcrowding either, in fact quite a lot of seats where still empty

Yes,just going by the report I received about it but obviously I was wrongly informed.If you were on board it I bow to your superior knowledge,presume this was the 0853 ex Wigan.
(06/11/2018 10:44)Gordon V Wrote:  Yes,just going by the report I received about it but obviously I was wrongly informed.If you were on board it I bow to your superior knowledge,presume this was the 0853 ex Wigan.

Yes mate, thats the one i ended up on as ended up in front of the other one

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)