Current time: 25/04/2024, 10:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
I think the attraction to leather seats by companies is just there easy to clean and steralise if someone spills or descreets something on them rather than having to replace the seat padding and covering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/10/2018 15:12)T42 PVM Wrote:  Leather seats is not a big deal,

Depends on the quality of the alternative. The Geminis were DP standard when with First M'cr (Wigan). Have Stagecoach changed the seating since acquiring them?
Some interesting news coming out of rock ferry today, they are to start running the 16/17, 80, 82 and 91 from the 4th of november
(25/10/2018 18:51)Busguy12 Wrote:  Some interesting news coming out of rock ferry today, they are to start running the 16/17, 80, 82 and 91 from the 4th of november

Are these former Avon services? If they are it's a sensible way to expand on the Wirral without creating a bus war with Arriva. How many buses would be required for these routes, assuming the rumour is true?
The 16/17 is 3 buses unless they have changed the timetable.
80/82 should be 1 bus. These used to work with the 83A so im unsure why Arriva only took on the 83A as it has a lot of dead time on it.
the 91 is just 1 bus.

Good that Stagecoach have won some tenders. The 16/17 will be a good addition as it links up the 38, 22, 41/42 and the 471/472. 2 routes on the Wirral with 2 operators depending on the day of travel. The 16/17 will be Stagecoach M-F and Arriva Saturday and the 91 will be Stagecoach M-F and A2B on a Saturday. Very weird. It would confuse the heck out of me as a passenger.
Apparently stagecoach will run the 16/17 Monday to Saturday.
All this work means an additional 10 buses as the routes they already have are to be tweaked to help cover other areas with no bus, interesting times ahead for stagecoach
At least 0ne ex kettering bus on 38 today

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(25/10/2018 22:06)iMarkeh Wrote:  The 16/17 is 3 buses unless they have changed the timetable.
80/82 should be 1 bus. These used to work with the 83A so im unsure why Arriva only took on the 83A as it has a lot of dead time on it.
the 91 is just 1 bus.

Good that Stagecoach have won some tenders. The 16/17 will be a good addition as it links up the 38, 22, 41/42 and the 471/472. 2 routes on the Wirral with 2 operators depending on the day of travel. The 16/17 will be Stagecoach M-F and Arriva Saturday and the 91 will be Stagecoach M-F and A2B on a Saturday. Very weird. It would confuse the heck out of me as a passenger.

All the routes have been completely changed
(28/10/2018 02:44)mr t Wrote:  All the routes have been completely changed
I get they are changed but it looks to me as if the routes are only extensions to the old routes. The 16 being extended south means it still the exact same connections. If anything, the new route enhances connections as it then links to the 41/42 again at Mill Park.

80/82 even a changed route will make it 1 bus. Unless the 82 is being extended by 1h, Merseytravel will work it so these interwork and therefore only give 1 bus. If they don't interwork, it will be interworking with the 38 but it is more likely to be timed to work together for the sake of the tender.

The 91 is the same given they are removing sections and adding in Oxton, it would be highly likely to have the same PVR.
1> Am I right in saying that 22 is now operated by Rock Ferry Depot?

2> How many standard (Non Gold) MMC400s have Rock Ferry got now? I noticed at least 2 on 38s yesterday along with a E300MAN

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)