Current time: 27/04/2024, 18:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/10/2018 14:31)EDB325 Wrote:  43, 85, 85A, 86, 101, 102, 103, 108, 111, 142, 143

The last two are Magic Bus. They certainly USED to run the 168 - if they still do, it's the only one not to touch Manchester City Centre.

They do still run the 168 for which they have the 6 Enviro200s (34616-21). However, the last time I was in Ashton, I think I saw 5 consecutive 'deckers before an Enviro200 came in on the route. They also run the 50.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/10/2018 14:53)Brickmill Wrote:  They do still run the 168 for which they have the 6 Enviro200s (34616-21). However, the last time I was in Ashton, I think I saw 5 consecutive 'deckers before an Enviro200 came in on the route. They also run the 50.

They increased the frequency a few months back of the 168 and it's apparently the 'additional' journeys that use the Enviro200's but they are used on it daily.
(22/10/2018 10:59)Mayneway Wrote:  They increased the frequency a few months back of the 168 and it's apparently the 'additional' journeys that use the Enviro200's but they are used on it daily.

Didn't the increase simply offset the withdrawal of the remaining 169s so made little difference to the overal PVR? Remember, all 6 Enviro200s were specifically moved to Sharston (erstwhile a 100% 'decker depot) to work the 168. Apologies for my dyslexia btw (or is it dysnumeria?)- I do, of course mean 3*64*16-21.
(22/10/2018 19:32)Brickmill Wrote:  Didn't the increase simply offset the withdrawal of the remaining 169s so made little difference to the overal PVR? Remember, all 6 Enviro200s were specifically moved to Sharston (erstwhile a 100% 'decker depot) to work the 168. Apologies for my dyslexia btw (or is it dysnumeria?)- I do, of course mean 3*64*16-21.

Can't remember exactly but yes the 169 shorts were withdrawn/replaced with additional 168 journeys using Enviro200's but another reason for the singles going to Shsrston was to work the evening journeys - but it's very very rare to see them out after 7pm on the 168.
Why change the 540 from wigan to bolton to 7 ? Everyone knows the 540 bus It's a historic route number that passes through westhoughton where I live ..get the franchise's out I say and be rid of these private companies doing as they please
(26/10/2018 15:29)johnluke Wrote:  Why change the 540 from wigan to bolton to 7 ? Everyone knows the 540 bus It's a historic route number that passes through westhoughton where I live ..get the franchise's out I say and be rid of these private companies doing as they please
Franchise bus operations due to a route number changing? The reasons some people come up with for franchising nowadays LOL
I do see what you mean though, the number change is pointless but is it a reason for franchising?
It's not the reason for franchising but what I mean is don't fix what's not broke
There'll be some old dear stood at a bus stop letting number 7's pass by while she waits in vain for the 540 she's been catching for years. It's a totally needless exercise.
(26/10/2018 16:20)EDB325 Wrote:  There'll be some old dear stood at a bus stop letting number 7's pass by while she waits in vain for the 540 she's been catching for years. It's a totally needless exercise.

I agree. As I understand it, these route numbers were established when GMPTE was established in the early 1970s. Should franchising ever be introduced in Greater Manchester, these route numbers could well return.
I think your better to lose XXX numbers and replace with X or a letter or XX as it more easy to remember and gives more room for bigger bus destination info. yes if your service goes to other town you should use xxx and bring back X limited stop and x for part route

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)