Current time: 18/04/2024, 19:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West/Arriva Buses Wales VDL Cadets
RE: Arriva North West/Arriva Buses Wales VDL Cadets
I’ve noticed that there is 4 ex North West Cadets in the Midlands fleet (2737,2740-2742) what were they numbered as when they were in the North West as I’m may add them on to my fleet list like I have for the Pulsars.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/10/2018 15:04)Barney Wrote:  Apart from some ex-London deckers, these must be the oldest buses in the ANWW fleet and will probably remain in service for several years to come.

I dont quite agree, Until Avon Buses went Bust and these Rail Replacements had started a lot of Cadets was already in the Pool Fleet including the majority of the CX54 Examples

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/10/2018 17:11)darylyates17 Wrote:  I’ve noticed that there is 4 ex North West Cadets in the Midlands fleet (2737,2740-2742) what were they numbered as when they were in the North West as I’m may add them on to my fleet list like I have for the Pulsars.

They were new to Wrexham depot for the 2C Wrexham - Cefn Mawr and they and the route both transferred to Midlands Oswestry depot. I think AN&W fleetnumbers were 2486-89 CX04EHV/W/Y/Z
(22/10/2018 15:04)Barney Wrote:  Apart from some ex-London deckers, these must be the oldest buses in the ANWW fleet and will probably remain in service for several years to come.

Y plate lowlanders along with the 51/02 mpd darts
(22/10/2018 17:48)N531 DWM Wrote:  They were new to Wrexham depot for the 2C Wrexham - Cefn Mawr and they and the route both transferred to Midlands Oswestry depot. I think AN&W fleetnumbers were 2486-89 CX04EHV/W/Y/Z

2489 is CX54 DKD. CX04 EHZ was new to Midlands as 2737 according to BLOTW
(22/10/2018 18:12)Y474 KNF Wrote:  2489 is CX54 DKD. CX04 EHZ was new to Midlands as 2737 according to BLOTW

EHZ was registered slightly after the others (June vs May).

Did any of them actually enter service from Wrexham? Or is it just that the first three had been entered onto ANW&W's systems, and therefore those fleet numbers were not (re-)used?
(22/10/2018 18:36)Quackdave Wrote:  EHZ was registered slightly after the others (June vs May).

Did any of them actually enter service from Wrexham? Or is it just that the first three had been entered onto ANW&W's systems, and therefore those fleet numbers were not (re-)used?

Yes that could be right about EHZ being new to AMN, I can't remember to be honest..
As for the other 3, they did enter service at Wrexham and were also used on the short lived Wrexham Nightbus service on a weekend. I used to use that after a few beers in Scotts nightclub... many years ago lol.
(22/10/2018 17:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  I don't quite agree. Until Avon Buses went bust and these rail replacements had started a lot of Cadets was already in the pool fleet including the majority of the CX54 Examples

Arriva has taken on very few ex-Avon routes and rail replacements always have and always will be required on the Merseyrail network.

The reason why I think these Cadets will be around for several more years is because, outside of London, Arriva has a moratorium on fleet replacement. Refurbishing, repainting and re-engineering a Cadet is a lot cheaper than buying a new Streetlite or Enviro200 MMC.
2493 is in service in Southport whist rails are on.
(22/10/2018 19:29)N531 DWM Wrote:  Yes that could be right about EHZ being new to AMN, I can't remember to be honest..
As for the other 3, they did enter service at Wrexham and were also used on the short lived Wrexham Nightbus service on a weekend. I used to use that after a few beers in Scotts nightclub... many years ago lol.

CX04 EHZ was ordered new with EHV/W/Y by Arriva Cymru [Arriva North West] but EHZ was moved to Oswestry before it entered service brand new when the service was jointly operated by Arriva Cymru, Wrexham and Arriva Midlands North Oswestry. The reason was the PVR for the Cymru turns was 3 and it was decided a spare was not needed in the end. Oswestry later got Darts 2378/9 FJ55 BVT/U for their share, Cadets however were the first option it was said at the time but they was a long lead time for them as ANW had a large order in build so Darts were obtained. The three Cymru ones moved to Oswestry a few years later when the service was decided to be moved for full operation by Oswestry, a decision said to have been decided at Sunderland at the time, unsure how true that is however!

The 2/2A/2B/2C services introduced were a result of linking up some shorts at the Oswestry and Wrexham ends for more frequency to Oswestry as follows:

2 Oswestry - Wrexham (Oswestry operated)
2 Wrexham - Cefn Mawr (Wrexham operated)
2A Oswestry - Lodgevale in Chirk [some turns to Wrexham at peak times in lieu of a 2] (Oswestry operated)

User(s) browsing this thread: