Current time: 29/03/2024, 05:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
If you go to the timetable for the 1/1E/2/10/10A/11/12 on the website, it now also shows 1C times too.

So it seems that the 1C is being run (as of 3rd September) but the other former Fairbrothers services 15A/X and 16H/T/X are not being run as far as I know.
EDIT: The 1C is only half-hourly and runs 4 minutes after service 1.

There is also a completely revamped fleet list, available here:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/as...055779.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The changes from Monday are now available here:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ember-2018
A number of the changes are with students of Priestley College in mind.
Cadet 62 has also been repainted into the "The College Bus" livery. It is now registered PLZ 373

Cadet 61 has also been re-registered
Cadet 35 which will be the new training bus is also back in service yet again after being withdrawn and it looks like Cadet 39 will also be making another comeback
(12/09/2018 21:51)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Cadet 62 has also been repainted into the "The College Bus" livery. It is now registered PLZ 373

Cadet 61 has also been re-registered

61 is PLZ757.
Quite like the way the new logo appears to be bursting out of the old livery. Not so impressed tbough that some vehicles have lost Network Warrington vinyls without getting new obes eg 152.
Seemed to be less DD operation now Fairbrother has gone - or do they cover lunchtime journeys and then retire before school work?
(13/09/2018 13:29)mikestone Wrote:  61 is PLZ757.

Thanks Smile
I'm wondering how long they'll keep up the charade with the 1C, as on the outbound leg it runs just after Warrington's service 1, and on the inbound leg it runs just before Warrington's service 12.
I wouldn't be surprised if, in the long term, the Westys are then cut further, as now there is no competition, the resource might go back down - we'll have to see about the Westy Way special lower fares too.
(28/09/2018 09:18)Valandil Wrote:  I'm wondering how long they'll keep up the charade with the 1C, as on the outbound leg it runs just after Warrington's service 1, and on the inbound leg it runs just before Warrington's service 12.
I wouldn't be surprised if, in the long term, the Westys are then cut further, as now there is no competition, the resource might go back down - we'll have to see about the Westy Way special lower fares too.

I believe as it’s registered with VOSA we have to run it until the notice expires? I did a 1C a few weeks ago, very quiet as you can imagine as the number 1 runs ahead of it. Bonus I Had Bus 151, 19 years old I believe but a genuinely lovely vehicle to drive. Will be sad once the older B7’s are retired.
(29/09/2018 10:03)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I believe as it’s registered with VOSA we have to run it until the notice expires? I did a 1C a few weeks ago, very quiet as you can imagine as the number 1 runs ahead of it. Bonus I Had Bus 151, 19 years old I believe but a genuinely lovely vehicle to drive. Will be sad once the older B7’s are retired.

They definitely seem like nice vehicles and hope any replacements would also be deckers for service use.
Of course yes - I've checked VOSA and nothing has been put through regarding changes to the Westys, so it will be keeping on running for a while yet, we'll just have to see exactly how long.
As mentioned on the Avon thread and linked from https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...Buses.aspx , Warrington will be operating the Merseytravel subsidised service 144 from Monday 15th October.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)