Current time: 20/04/2024, 02:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(25/09/2018 17:58)M60lad Wrote:  If it is true that the driver was sent out with just a map to guide him then why didn't the driver refuse to drive the route as surely they've got the option I know driver's at First have refused or let their relevant traffic office know when they've signed on and surely the driver can't lose his job because of this as he was unsure of where he was going.

1> Could this mean an end to deckers on X2? Although surely the decker is still needed for the duty

2> Have Stagecoach got a spare decker that they could send over to Chester while this one is fixed/repaired or will a hire vehicle have to come from Ferryhill Motors?

3> Why would it have to be a write-off? As looking at the picture its only the top deck that's damaged so surely a trip upto Alexander-Dennis to have a new top-deck fitted and the bus wil be like new surely

I very much doubt that this will spell the end of decker's on the X2, as they are required for Helsby High School commitments. There appears to be a trident parked up behind the old goods store so I guess this has been transferred sometime this afternoon, unfortunately couldn't see the fleet number.

Regarding your comment about it being written off or repaired, I guess it comes down to whether the remainder of the vehicle is damaged in anyway or whether it is financially viable to repair it , if its going to cost more to repair the vehicle than its value then its possible it could be written off.

They may decide once an inspection has been made and the chassis is ok, it could become a partial open top bus similar to what East Midlands have done to one of theirs, only time will tell on its future.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/09/2018 18:15)MTL0201 Wrote:  Main reason deckers are on the X2 is the school in Helsby, given this is hourly & think only route serves the villages between Ellesmere Port & Helsby, people will be left behind at stops if there's a single deck on it.

Apparently it was the drivers first day at work, quite poor that it looks like he wasn't given any route learning experience before starting the shift, even then there's usually another spare driver that helps out & guide the driver if they don't know the route.

A loan driver to Chester I am told
Chester seem to be short of drivers all the time,RF drivers are covering a lot on the X8
and last week a Preston driver who was on loan was on it

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(26/09/2018 08:08)Penny Return Wrote:  Chester seem to be short of drivers all the time,RF drivers are covering a lot on the X8

It also says in the Echo statement the company said the driver was fully qualified with several years experience and was fully route trained. Someone is fibbing..
(26/09/2018 08:08)Penny Return Wrote:  Chester seem to be short of drivers all the time,RF drivers are covering a lot on the X8

As each depot has its own rates of pay why is this not surprising? A bit radical and perhaps likely to have this post removed but pay a higher rate and R and R might improve. It seems to work with CEOs in business and industry and in a range of professions.
The last figure that I heard was 17 drivers short. The black minibus is for Preston drivers and I think they have a car as well. There has been people from Rock Ferry and Gillmoss on loan but it seems to depend on how short the depot is.
This aside though that the driver didn't know the route etc, surely he should be aware of what he is driving and should be able to judge if his vehicle will fit under a bridge. Its not like the height of the bus isn't in his cab.
19061 on todays X2 DD working 1230 ex Ctr
not having been around that area for some years (since the days of the 21 and 36) is there any signage on the busways in runcorn regards the height of the bridges? just had a quick look at google maps and some of the pictures on facebook i couldn't see any apart from the local buses only signs.

brings back the memories of when 30055 did the same
Looking at the map, there is no bridges on the busway from other end of Palacefields Avenue around Halton Lea, seems the driver took a right instead headed towards Murdishaw where there is a low bridge at the bus stop, but Google Earth there is no warning signs of low bridges at the junction, doesn't look like there's a warning sign on the bridge itself.

I've said it before, most of the bridges on the busway could easily be demolished, with most being pedestrian bridges, but many places now there's a crossing on the busway yards from the bridge.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)