Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
19571 has been de-roofed on the Runcorn busway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/09/2018 14:34)MX12 KVM Wrote:  19571 has been de-roofed on the Runcorn busway.

I guess thats a write off then I thought Deckers were not supposed to be on the busway apart from Halton Lea part
(25/09/2018 14:34)MX12 KVM Wrote:  19571 has been de-roofed on the Runcorn busway.
Thankfully no one was hurt!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(25/09/2018 15:46)darylyates17 Wrote:  I guess thats a write off then I thought Deckers were not supposed to be on the busway apart from Halton Lea part

I'd expect it to be assessed for conversion to open-top. Skegness already have an Enviro 400 which was chopped after a similar accident. Their other seafront vehicles are older Tridents, so some newer stock would probably be welcomed !
(25/09/2018 15:46)darylyates17 Wrote:  I guess thats a write off then I thought Deckers were not supposed to be on the busway apart from Halton Lea part

According to the Echo, 'the driver had been sent on an unfamiliar route with only a map and a print out of directions to guide him'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...d-15199552
If it is true that the driver was sent out with just a map to guide him then why didn't the driver refuse to drive the route as surely they've got the option I know driver's at First have refused or let their relevant traffic office know when they've signed on and surely the driver can't lose his job because of this as he was unsure of where he was going.

1> Could this mean an end to deckers on X2? Although surely the decker is still needed for the duty

2> Have Stagecoach got a spare decker that they could send over to Chester while this one is fixed/repaired or will a hire vehicle have to come from Ferryhill Motors?

3> Why would it have to be a write-off? As looking at the picture its only the top deck that's damaged so surely a trip upto Alexander-Dennis to have a new top-deck fitted and the bus wil be like new surely
(25/09/2018 17:58)M60lad Wrote:  If it is true that the driver was sent out with just a map to guide him then why didn't the driver refuse to drive the route as surely they've got the option I know driver's at First have refused or let their relevant traffic office know when they've signed on and surely the driver can't lose his job because of this as he was unsure of where he was going.

1> Could this mean an end to deckers on X2? Although surely the decker is still needed for the duty

2> Have Stagecoach got a spare decker that they could send over to Chester while this one is fixed/repaired or will a hire vehicle have to come from Ferryhill Motors?

Heard that there's a another B9TL gone over today
(25/09/2018 17:58)M60lad Wrote:  If it is true that the driver was sent out with just a map to guide him then why didn't the driver refuse to drive the route as surely they've got the option I know driver's at First have refused or let their relevant traffic office know when they've signed on and surely the driver can't lose his job because of this as he was unsure of where he was going.

3> Why would it have to be a write-off? As looking at the picture its only the top deck that's damaged so surely a trip upto Alexander-Dennis to have a new top-deck fitted and the bus wil be like new surely

Main reason deckers are on the X2 is the school in Helsby, given this is hourly & think only route serves the villages between Ellesmere Port & Helsby, people will be left behind at stops if there's a single deck on it.

Apparently it was the drivers first day at work, quite poor that it looks like he wasn't given any route learning experience before starting the shift, even then there's usually another spare driver that helps out & guide the driver if they don't know the route.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(25/09/2018 18:01)PAUL2511 Wrote:  Heard that there's a another B9TL gone over today

I don't think it made it to Chester, from reports on facebook it broke down by the zoo,

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(25/09/2018 18:15)MTL0201 Wrote:  Main reason deckers are on the X2 is the school in Helsby, given this is hourly & think only route serves the villages between Ellesmere Port & Helsby, people will be left behind at stops if there's a single deck on it.

Apparently it was the drivers first day at work, quite poor that it looks like he wasn't given any route learning experience before starting the shift, even then there's usually another spare driver that helps out & guide the driver if they don't know the route.
The main route is fine. Only 1 bus actually HAS to be a decker on the X2 which is the 07:33 from Chester. This bus duty works out so that it does Elton - Helsby in the morning and the return in the evening.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)