Current time: 23/04/2024, 08:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(14/09/2018 09:23)ant17612 Wrote:  Shame really as it’ll probably end up in a scrapyard now.

I thought 4204, 4412 & 4438 had to stay because of their biennial livery's, 4438 is the only one still in its space bus livery if 4204 has indeed been withdrawn as 4412 is in a pride version of the new livery.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Arriva dont seem to refund their tax as the Bus always shows on DVLA as Taxed until the expiry date then normally gets SORN, with 4204 best thing we can do is keep an eye open for it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The only way 1 of these vehicles could be saved now is if 1 or more are purchased for preservation along with plenty of spares to keep thdm running.
Don't think spares will be an issue, plenty of other ex-london ones now appearing in Barnsley.
I've noticed that the Streetlites seem to have disappeared off the 487 in recent days. Personally, I'm not complaining as I live on the route, and they are often overcrowded on the section between Birkenhead & Higher Bebington.

Is this likely to be permanent change, or is there a particular reason for this?
None of the streetlites were on 487 today,totally covered by pulsars including 2906 2988 and 3005.The streetlites were on 410/1 413/4 and 492/5.
Wink RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(15/09/2018 00:08)bus401 Wrote:  None of the streetlites were on 487 today,totally covered by pulsars including 2906 2988 and 3005.The streetlites were on 410/1 413/4 and 492/5.

It appears to be the same today too (I've not seen a streetlite so far today & I can see the 487 route from my house). Long may it stay that way!
i don't think it will last unfortunately, the normal vehicle allocator is off at the moment thats why the streetlites are ending up on different routes.
(15/09/2018 18:57)60008 Wrote:  i don't think it will last unfortunately, the normal vehicle allocator is off at the moment thats why the streetlites are ending up on different routes.

It is my understanding that when depots bid for new vehicles they have to go through a bidding process and argue a business case for the vehicles for a specific route. These Streetlites are non-standard and were bought specifically for the Liverpool-Neston service so presumably that's where they should be used.

Having said that, the five Bootle MMC's bought specifically for route 55 are now operated on every Bootle route but the 55. Apparently, it's because the stop-start gizmo prevents them from keeping to a tight schedule.
Probably would be better as hybrid vehicles with a minimum of 5 gears in the box instead of 3 like on the street lites and the vdl ****.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)