Current time: 05/05/2024, 14:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
the problems on the 407 and 471/472 started back in April when they messed around with the timetables on both routes. the 472 is a busy route so why someone decided to take time off between Heswall and Cook Street as well as removing layover time in Liverpool i will never know. the 407 was then timed to leave Cook street 5 minutes earlier so it could sit in Town Meadow for 9 minutes with passengers on! It was quite normal to be running 10-12 minutes late passing the depot on the way to Moreton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The 472 always gets stuck in traffic around Arrowe Park which is bumper to bumper most of the day but gridlocked since they changed the junction down the road it can take 15 mins just to get from Woodchurch Road to the hospital and back during school & peaks time. The timetables dont show that - the 407 is a breeze in comparison any delays on that are due to coming off the 472 late
I can vouch for that as i've taken 15 minutes going from Woodchurch Road M53, to past Arrowe Park Hospital many a time on the 413/414. 407 is straight forward run from Birkenhead Bus Station to Moreton, but becomes a problem when it gets held up interworking 471/472, as i've said even Stagecoach 471/472 was running late & they don't interwork with any other route.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
A Hybrid Gemini currently broken down on Whitechapel just before the lights

(09/09/2018 14:25)MTL0201 Wrote:  A Hybrid Gemini currently broken down on Whitechapel just before the lights

(09/09/2018 16:14)mrailman200 Wrote:  4505

what a surprise, its been having problems for weeks now. when you stop at a junction or set of lights you sometimes struggle to get it going again and have to restart the bus over and over before you get drive back.
Also one of the Pulsers on the 423 got replaced by 6000 around 08.30 at Moreton Cross

Hybrid 4505 broke down at asda birkenhead at around 10.20 this morning
(11/09/2018 10:34)Busguy12 Wrote:  Hybrid 4505 broke down at asda birkenhead at around 10.20 this morning

Looking at the last few posts, it looks like this vehicle is having quite a few issues recently.
4505 has failed at the lights on Whitechapel heading out of the city.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)