Current time: 26/04/2024, 03:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(19/08/2018 12:10)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  The bridge at frodsham is 14'6 so they should be ok.

The Geminis are 4.39M/14'5'' tall according to the signs in the cab.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If the Geminis are going onto the X8, what will 19569 - 19572 be used on?
(19/08/2018 15:29)RedPanda Wrote:  Could operators claim the cost of repairs/replacement buses and the cost of personal injury claims for the council’s laziness of double checking heights?
I’m not saying to put deckers on routes with intentions of claiming back but if a height states it’s more than the vehicle height, it should be the relevant authorities that should fork out and not the driver or in this case the operator.

I friend sent me .this.HI Paul - I did see it out before (on the 19 when I was on 227), think it was 16957 but as 16958 was parked at the front of the depot (next to my pic of 80040 I posted before) all afternoon.

Apparently there is an issue with the fuelling of those Geminis, so they are getting modifications made to fillers - not sure what is up with them but they reckon the caps are too small or something for the nozzles - very odd as they were obviously fuelled at Wigan and in Scotland fine!
Flintshire 9/X9 cancelled from the end of September. 109 & 209 school services seem to be the only surviving journeys.
(23/08/2018 20:15)CTL45 Wrote:  Flintshire 9/X9 cancelled from the end of September. 109 & 209 school services seem to be the only surviving journeys.

Has this been cancelled by stagecoach due to funding cutbacks woth flintshire council

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
chester285 dajteline='1535055751' Wrote:  Has this been cancelled by stagecoach due to funding cutbacks woth flintshire council

Yes, Flintshire have withdrawn their subsidy for this contract and a few others.
(23/08/2018 21:26)CTL45 Wrote:  Yes, Flintshire have withdrawn their subsidy for this contract and a few others.

Flintshire are withdrawing support to supported bus routes in favour of demand responsive taxis
Almost all routes are losing subsidy. One of the few which is keeping subsidy is the 5 (SP). I know some routes are being taken on commercially but some are being withdrawn.

After travelling on the 9 quite a lot, it could be viable. 1 bus, link it with the schools. Make the prices standard Stagecoach fares (not £1 single). There is a lot of potential. It just needs to come out of the industrial estate as it doesn't pick anyone up and it is competing with the DB4 which isnt good. It is very well used. The X9 on the other hand is a waste of time. I'm sure a de-minims to Stagecoach would be cheaper than running a minibus around Wepre.
Does anyone have anymore information about if the Kettering x4 scania enviro 400s coming up for rock ferry rumour is True?
(29/08/2018 20:47)Busguy12 Wrote:  Does anyone have anymore information about if the Kettering x4 scania enviro 400s coming up for rock ferry rumour is True?

Yeah it is happening as was speaking to there engineering manager last week and his dreading it as he reckons all though there good motors the parts are expensive to purchase and maintain.
But as he said to me its his job to ensure they keep well maintained no matter what veihcle comes his way.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)