Current time: 28/03/2024, 23:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
The Fairbrothers 15A/X start today, but their 15A seems to use the same route as Network Warrington's 15E rather than NW's 15A route. The 15X goes through Omega too.
They combine to give an hourly service - hope it works out well for them.
Not sure how the Fairbrothers services will interwork now, as the 16H in particular has to interwork (unless they have a very tight 0-minute turnaround at Warrington every second run) - the 16H due in at 08 can go onto the 15's but the 16H due in at 38 ... the only possibility I can see is the 1C.
I know this is more to do with Fairbrothers, but that thread is closed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/06/2018 11:57)Valandil Wrote:  The Fairbrothers 15A/X start today, but their 15A seems to use the same route as Network Warrington's 15E rather than NW's 15A route. The 15X goes through Omega too.
They combine to give an hourly service - hope it works out well for them.
Not sure how the Fairbrothers services will interwork now, as the 16H in particular has to interwork (unless they have a very tight 0-minute turnaround at Warrington every second run) - the 16H due in at 08 can go onto the 15's but the 16H due in at 38 ... the only possibility I can see is the 1C.
I know this is more to do with Fairbrothers, but that thread is closed.
There is no interworking. There never was. The 16H does come in and go straight out. It was tight but worked most times. All routes are standalone as that gives the edge on NW. Road works in Woolton shouldn't affect Dallam services for example and that is what happens at NW. standalone provides a bit more of a standard timetable.
(12/06/2018 08:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  There is no interworking. There never was. The 16H does come in and go straight out. It was tight but worked most times. All routes are standalone as that gives the edge on NW. Road works in Woolton shouldn't affect Dallam services for example and that is what happens at NW. standalone provides a bit more of a standard timetable.

Really? I find that surprising, as with the former 16T, I assumed it interworked with the 16H.
You have a 16H arrive at Warrington at 08 and 38 past the hour - why not have that go onto the 16T at 13 and 43 past the hour, back in at 32 and 03 past the hour, then back onto the 16H at 38 and 08 past the hour - instead of the 16H having 0 minutes' turnaround and the 16T having 10 minutes.
So the 15A has 20 minutes between runs while the 16H sometimes gets 0 - quite odd.
(12/06/2018 22:07)Valandil Wrote:  Really? I find that surprising, as with the former 16T, I assumed it interworked with the 16H.
You have a 16H arrive at Warrington at 08 and 38 past the hour - why not have that go onto the 16T at 13 and 43 past the hour, back in at 32 and 03 past the hour, then back onto the 16H at 38 and 08 past the hour - instead of the 16H having 0 minutes' turnaround and the 16T having 10 minutes.
So the 15A has 20 minutes between runs while the 16H sometimes gets 0 - quite odd.

This is why there were so many arguements over the stands. The H would come in and sometimes have no space on 1 and because of the tight turnaround, it would drop on 2 and head out but NW didn't like it and kept taking photos claiming they were stand blocking.

The 15 wouldn't work going onto a H as that would then have a 0 Min turnaround and the timings are too tight so they normally come in a few mins late.
(13/06/2018 08:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  This is why there were so many arguements over the stands. The H would come in and sometimes have no space on 1 and because of the tight turnaround, it would drop on 2 and head out but NW didn't like it and kept taking photos claiming they were stand blocking.

The 15 wouldn't work going onto a H as that would then have a 0 Min turnaround and the timings are too tight so they normally come in a few mins late.

You often forget Fairbrother’s purposely blocking Bay 1 and 2 resulting in NW buses being unable to get on stand, something which was pretty common a few months ago
Looking at the Fairbrothers 15A/X timetable, I am surprised that the first journey doesn't run as a 15X rather than 15A, as I don't understand running into a large employer at 09:41 instead of the hour before.
So rather than starting at Lingley Green at 08:43, why not instead start at Sankey Station, linking with trains arriving into Sankey at 08:36 from Warrington/Manchester and 08:40 from Liverpool, then run to Omega in time for the start of the working day, and then carry on as currently, still arriving into Warrington in time to pick up the next 15X (currently there is a 15-minute gap).
Or maybe everyone starts work at 10am at Omega?
(13/06/2018 09:51)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  You often forget Fairbrother’s purposely blocking Bay 1 and 2 resulting in NW buses being unable to get on stand, something which was pretty common a few months ago
I'm not having this discussion again as it will end in deleted posts. Bay 1 was a Fairbrothers bay and bay 2 was needed for drop offs on occasion if bay 1 was taken and the 16T was scheduled off bay 2.

(13/06/2018 11:43)Valandil Wrote:  Looking at the Fairbrothers 15A/X timetable, I am surprised that the first journey doesn't run as a 15X rather than 15A, as I don't understand running into a large employer at 09:41 instead of the hour before.
So rather than starting at Lingley Green at 08:43, why not instead start at Sankey Station, linking with trains arriving into Sankey at 08:36 from Warrington/Manchester and 08:40 from Liverpool, then run to Omega in time for the start of the working day, and then carry on as currently, still arriving into Warrington in time to pick up the next 15X (currently there is a 15-minute gap).
Or maybe everyone starts work at 10am at Omega?
You have to remember schools. It all depends when the buses can get around from the school which I assume is the reason for the bus departing lingley green at 08:46. Omega shift times vary, your best bet is to look at the B52 as that is times around the majority of the shifts as far as I know.
Information and timetable about the special 6A from Warrington to Lymm on Sunday 24 June:
https://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news...warrington
I finally managed to find 154 along with 210 today which leaves just 49 & 97 to find but I've had no luck with those but I did see 156 heading to the depot out of service
(15/06/2018 14:50)darylyates17 Wrote:  I finally managed to find 154 along with 210 today which leaves just 49 & 97 to find but I've had no luck with those but I did see 156 heading to the depot out of service

154 is a lovely bus, drives superb.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)