Current time: 25/04/2024, 09:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I noted 36813 in Chester yesterday on a Blacon route. Has this bus left Rock Ferry?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/06/2018 18:02)childwallblues Wrote:  I noted 36813 in Chester yesterday on a Blacon route. Has this bus left Rock Ferry?

I followed this working an X8 about 8.50ish by the M53 junction at Hooton yesterday morning....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(06/06/2018 08:16)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It must have changed within the last few years or reformation into the PR1/PR2

Youused to be able to buy on board for the 32 (£2 return to Chester Zoo from chester stn) before the X8, I remember asking Stagecoach MCSL on twitter the best way to travel there and it was recommend. (What they forgot to mention was that the park and ride only called there during peak season and instead I'd have to walk to the old Chester Bus Stn to catch it Laugh )
Correct. There was an agreement between train companies and the 32 to offer through train tickets. I think that is how the return fare thing came about. Now the agreement is in place on the X8 (except return is now £4)
Thank you

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Several RF drivers I have spoken to are convinced the coastliner deckers are for them

After refurbishment,can anyone confirm this yet?

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Coastliners arnt intended for rf
They are supposedly staying at gillmoss arnt they to convert the likes of the 10A or another route to decker operated.
Given that the ex Coastliner vehicles are not "Gold" spec, it would presumably take some time & money to upgrade them to that spec? My guess would be that they're intended to provide extra capacity on another route, with "Gold Spec" vehicles being drafted in from elsewhere for route 1 in due course.
The Coastliners are Staying at Gillmoss and are apparently for the 82/86 Services

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
According to Steven Knight Media the ex-East Scotland B9TLs are to be allocated to Chester after a refurbishment

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)