Current time: 18/04/2024, 09:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(24/05/2018 22:04)chester285 Wrote:  Not really what I would call branding as such just advertising the normal WiFi contactless payments usb charging, It doesn’t mention anything about X8

The Contactless Payment sticker is being put on all the Enviro400s. One is going just above the door and the another basically the same position just the other side of the bus.

Wifi and USB is being put in as they are being refurbished.

I have had it confirmed to me by someone at Stagecoach Gillmoss HQ that the X8 will recieve route branding however they were awaiting its delivery.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sure it had x8 on the sides as well,
On another note the deckers for the 1 are starting to arrive in the next few weeks according to rock ferry, ex coastliner 400s
Have they decided yet where the Gold branded Single Deckers will be going
(25/05/2018 18:35)wirralbus Wrote:  Have they decided yet where the Gold branded Single Deckers will be going

Wont they keep some of tham for the 38 and the 41 but very interesting to see what for.on at RF
Deckers are going to start getting picked up Tuesday and going to gillmoss for refit before entering service at rf.

They are undecided on the gold 300s as of yet due to the amount of vandalism on both the gold 300s and 400s
Will the Enviro200s be transferred if the Enviro300s end up going on other routes
(25/05/2018 20:36)darylyates17 Wrote:  Will the Enviro200s be transferred if the Enviro300s end up going on other routes
The 204 would be an ideal size for Enviro 200s. Darts don't really do well at helping promote a brand new route. I think that may be a good call for a few. I would like to see them back at Chester but apparently they are too costly to maintain there.

On another note, I am surprised they are getting the Ex Coastliner buses rather than the gold ones from Oxford. I suppose the Coastliner buses are only about a year older than the Enviro300s and the Oxford golds were about 3-4 years older. It will certainly be interesting seeing what they end up like.

(25/05/2018 19:22)Busguy12 Wrote:  They are undecided on the gold 300s as of yet due to the amount of vandalism on both the gold 300s and 400s
Could some Gold Enviro300s go to GM and run on the 217/227? That could boost those routes or even the 53 but I am unsure if you can do that with it being QBP. Arriva Liverpool are more strict with what they will let SC get away with.
217/227 gold, really!!! Don't see the need, not sure route need boosting as only routes really going to Huyton that way anyway. 53 would be a better option but not sure it is really required there either, X2 does slot of the 53 route and their buses are only slighltly away from gold.
(25/05/2018 23:17)MPTE1955 Wrote:  217/227 gold, really!!! Don't see the need, not sure route need boosting as only routes really going to Huyton that way anyway. 53 would be a better option but not sure it is really required there either, X2 does slot of the 53 route and their buses are only slighltly away from gold.
It would help it slightly. Maybe not needed as such but let's face it, gold isn't needed on most routes. Route 1 always did well as it was. Route 2 was a QBP but in general, always worked. 471/472 again, QBP route which worked well with the buses it had. Route 5, 7, 9 in Chester had no need to go gold and only about 50% of the time are they ran by a normal solo and not a gold one.

I don't think gold gives as much of a boost to routes. The 217/227 could go gold. There is potential for them to extend and given a few of the rumors going about, gold would be a massive boost to the potential extensions. Even in their existing state though, if gold gives a boost, why would you not try to boost a route.

The 53 is an excellent route as the prices are cheaper than Arriva. You are basically giving another reason for people to transfer. With Arriva having such a monopoly between Bootle and Liverpool, anything Stagecoach can do to grab a few more of those passengers is a bonus. The X2 is only every half hour so though it is similar to gold, why would people wait 30 minutes for a bus with the added features? On the 53, SC buses are every 12 minutes. Waiting 10 minutes for a bus with extra features is something I can see people doing. Waiting 30???? There is not one person who will wait 30 minutes to get a bus with USB charging and leather seats.
(25/05/2018 23:04)iMarkeh Wrote:  On another note, I am surprised they are getting the Ex Coastliner buses rather than the gold ones from Oxford. I suppose the Coastliner buses are only about a year older than the Enviro300s and the Oxford golds were about 3-4 years older. It will certainly be interesting seeing what they end up like.

The Coastliner Enviro400s are 10-reg

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)