Current time: 26/06/2024, 14:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(08/08/2012 13:22)cbma06 Wrote:  
(08/08/2012 12:53)eezypeazy Wrote:  I have it on good authority that the new vehicles for the X9 and X10 will now enter service on 18th August.

I've also heard that new Volvo B9 deckers for the TEN/10A are about to be ordered and should be here early in the new year.

With the balance of deckers due soon for the Red Arrows and the hybrid B5s for the Angel, this is turning into an impressive few months on the vehicle front!

last l heard i thought 3941,2,3 were going on the X30/X31 or X70/X71?.

3941 and 3942 to go on 10

3943 to be a Red Arrow

3962 and 3965 to be spares for 21

3963 to be X9/X10 spare in new livery

3964 to go into Northern red and stay at Gateshead
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ok, is this definite information from a reliable source as really do not want to speculate anything Farmer-Kuy? If your an employee for GNE in close contact with managerial decisions then I can understand where you get this information but we don't want to come up with rumours as a general reserve for an 06 reg decker seems far fetched?

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/08/2012 21:25)NK07 FZG Wrote:  Ok, is this definite information from a reliable source as really do not want to speculate anything Farmer-Kuy? If your an employee for GNE in close contact with managerial decisions then I can understand where you get this information but we don't want to come up with rumours as a general reserve for an 06 reg decker seems far fetched?

This information appears to be taken from a post by Andrew Tyldsley on the Yahoo GoAheadBusFans group. I believe he's one of the senior managers at GNE. Ideally, the post on here should have been referenced back to him if that is where the information has come from.
Ahhh right ok thanks Brandon. Yeah I've spoken with Andrew Tydsley on Open Line before and I also agree that really should have been referenced.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/08/2012 21:34)Brandon Wrote:  
(08/08/2012 21:25)NK07 FZG Wrote:  Ok, is this definite information from a reliable source as really do not want to speculate anything Farmer-Kuy? If your an employee for GNE in close contact with managerial decisions then I can understand where you get this information but we don't want to come up with rumours as a general reserve for an 06 reg decker seems far fetched?

This information appears to be taken from a post by Andrew Tyldsley on the Yahoo GoAheadBusFans group. I believe he's one of the senior managers at GNE. Ideally, the post on here should have been referenced back to him if that is where the information has come from.

Andrew is Commerical Manager - so yes, he is a Senior Manager
NK12GDE :
Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 : Go Northern (Red colourscheme) was in Heysham Docks Thur.
http://61reg.blogspot.co.uk/
(09/08/2012 23:03)Squire of the Gate Wrote:  NK12GDE :
Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 : Go Northern (Red colourscheme) was in Heysham Docks Thur.
http://61reg.blogspot.co.uk/

The 'Red Arrows' must be arriving.
'Connect' buses of South Tyneside have gone out of business. Go North East, (as of yesterday), are now running the evening journeys on 'Pulse' 69A, and all journeys on service 73 - accepting the full range of tickets and passes on both services.
Theres a customer consulation on GNE website for proposed changes for the Sunderland,Houghton,Hetton and Washington areas
(10/08/2012 15:14)cbma06 Wrote:  Theres a customer consulation on GNE website for proposed changes for the Sunderland,Houghton,Hetton and Washington areas

This consultation appears to show one of the biggest shake-up of Sunderland routes in quite some time. These are the major points:
Reinstating service 33 to replace the 35 between Sunderland and Silksworth, though extending to Pennywell as the 39 will now be every 10 mins between Sunderland and Doxford Park only while the increased Silver Arrows will serve the current 39 route between Sunderland and Chester Road.
Service 20 to be extended from Sunderland to South Shields, replacing the Sunderland-South Shields section of the 35 which will now be replacing the X36/X37 Hetton and Low Moorsley routes and also the 20 will no longer serve East Rainton and Houghton as the 35 will cover this, as well as a new 35A to Hall Lane Estate.
Service 71 to be Chester-Houghton only, with Chester-Sunderland served by the Lime services.
Service 61 extended from Ryhope through Hollycarrside, Leechmere Asda replacing the 38 and 71 routes into Sunderland omitting Grangetown and Ryhope Road, though this will give the previous 38 route a doubled frequency now. This raises a question over what will serve the rest of the 38 route between Hollycarrside, Ryhope and Tunstall Bank Estate, unless Nexus finds another company to serve those estates.
And finally service X20 will be withdrawn, while X21 will be doubled to every 30 mins between Newcastle and Bishop Auckland.
Bear in mind many of these changes will likely not occur until the new year, by which time the TEN Citaros will have been released by the new Geminis as well as many other likely fleet changes so I would imagine speculating about vehicle swaps now would be fruitless.

Chris

Visit my Flickr page for bus photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswhitesbusphotos

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)