Current time: 19/04/2024, 22:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(13/05/2018 17:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  You can be certain to find them on Blacons. Normally one on the 16s. They also run the 209 and the 5 dupe (from Deeside Industrial Est - Mold Campus). They can also venture off on the 2s, X2s and X8s. Blacons and the 16 is there you are most likely to find them though.

Thanks mate I'll try those routes when I'm next in Chester
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I think 24156 has turned up at Rock Ferry or it was on loan from Gillmoss when I was on it today btw has it been re engined as it sounded like it had a Cummins rather than an MAN.
(14/05/2018 17:27)darylyates17 Wrote:  I think 24156 has turned up at Rock Ferry or it was on loan from Gillmoss when I was on it today btw has it been re engined as it sounded like it had a Cummins rather than an MAN.

I understand a few of the MAN based Enviro300s have received Cummins engines. Don't know how many or which ones though
(14/05/2018 17:37)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I understand a few of the MAN based Enviro300s have received Cummins engines. Don't know how many or which ones though

24156 is a Cummins one from Memory
The Stagecoach live is awful compared to Arriva, just looked up the 38 from my local stop & Stagecoach still have it as going to Heswall even though the Heswall section was withdrawn a couple of years ago.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(15/05/2018 12:42)MTL0201 Wrote:  The Stagecoach live is awful compared to Arriva, just looked up the 38 from my local stop & Stagecoach still have it as going to Heswall even though the Heswall section was withdrawn a couple of years ago.

I fully agree. They don't listen though. They have selective hearing. Anything to do with the app, it goes in the bin. Online it shows it better as you can select earlier/later trips. On the map, it shows next trip from the origin. Which is great. But given some routes (like GOLD 1) are over 1h 30 long.... It isn't really useful if you are at one of the last few stops. Arriva live is amazing but I do find the apps quite buggy and it is a shame they haven't merged M tickets and the tracker app together like Stagecoach.

I don't know why the app is so badly designed. A company like Stagecoach pay someone a lot of money to create an app. I think they have been ripped off haha.
(15/05/2018 12:42)MTL0201 Wrote:  The Stagecoach live is awful compared to Arriva, just looked up the 38 from my local stop & Stagecoach still have it as going to Heswall even though the Heswall section was withdrawn a couple of years ago.
This may have something to do with it had several tweets over the last few days

Due to maintenance work on our real time systems tonight, the live data into our App & web site will not work fully between 22:00 and 02:00 We apologise for this but hope that the work will improve the service in the long run. Timetable and journey planning not affected

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
The 38 from Boundary Road to Mill Park , is it little wonder it has hardly any passengers on it when it does loop the loop around Bromborough Pool , Croft Retail Park , Tulip foods eventually Bromborough Cross and Bromborough Rake Station , that last part of the 38 is so painfully slow
Totally agree,absolutely bonkers.
South of Bromborough, wouldn't it make more sense to have a 41A/42A (Obviously existing 41A would need to be renumbered) Eastham Village has the 85. Though it is every 2 hours, you only have to look at how many houses are there, it doesn't warrant every hour. For Plymyard Ave, you could just have a 41A/42A which serve Plymard instead of Raeburn Ave and Moreland Ave.

Then make the 38 do hourly opposite circulars in Bromborough (From Asda, straight to Bromborough Cross then to Bromborough Rake Stn via Palatine Road, back to Bromborough Cross via Acre Lane then round the tulip factory and then back to Asda). Obviously opposite for the opposite half hour.

It would increase the frequency for Bromborough, use no more buses. The only issue is the industrial estate down to Mill Park but I don't know if anyone uses the buses for those trips.

Also I think that could reduce the funding needed as Bromborough Rake must have some money there as Arriva ran round there for a while before the review.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)