Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(14/04/2018 10:13)darylyates17 Wrote:  Does anyone know the number plates for the others or will they only be revealed when delivered I'm suspecting they will be CHxx CAT judging by the first two.

It's a pity that they could not have got XX18CAT reg's. Having early numbers like 04 and 06 in their reg's makes them seem like old buses rather than new buses. Miaow! Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/04/2018 17:17)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It's a pity that they could not have got XX18CAT reg's. Having early numbers like 04 and 06 in their reg's makes them seem like old buses rather than new buses. Miaow! Wink

Be having kittens if they got
AX18CAT
BX18CAT
CX18CAT and so on or something similar and so on

CH is Cheshire... with the number and CAT afterwards
I’m wondering what the extra four will be and will total 13
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CH in vehicle registrations is actually a Welsh registration. C means Cymru (Wales) and H is used to define an area of Wales.

Ironically M means Manchester and Merseyside with MU being an area of Merseyside!
(14/04/2018 19:20)knutstransport Wrote:  CH in vehicle registrations is actually a Welsh registration. C means Cymru (Wales) and H is used to define an area of Wales.

Ironically M means Manchester and Merseyside with MU being an area of Merseyside!

I think Red Panda was referring to the actual number plate (CH(eshire) CAT) rather than where it's registered. However being "CH" plates they are indeed registered in Wales - Cardiff to be precise

The "Mx" series is just Manchester - excluding "MN" which is reserved for the Isle of Man. "MU" is no longer issued
(14/04/2018 19:44)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I think Red Panda was referring to the actual number plate (CH(eshire) CAT) rather than where it's registered. However being "CH" plates they are indeed registered in Wales - Cardiff to be precise
Correct, thats what I meant but explained it differently, I was originally referring to Metroline's comment
(14/04/2018 19:20)knutstransport Wrote:  CH in vehicle registrations is actually a Welsh registration. C means Cymru (Wales) and H is used to define an area of Wales.

I did put 'or something similar' at the end of my list of registrations
Had my vehicle familiarisation on one of the new Cheshire Cat vehicles today. They are very smart indeed, I just hope the general public appreciate them and respect them. I believe another 5 are arriving on Friday.
(16/04/2018 15:37)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Had my vehicle familiarisation on one of the new Cheshire Cat vehicles today. They are very smart indeed, I just hope the general public appreciate them and respect them. I believe another 5 are arriving on Friday.

Any sign of entry into service yet, or are NW waiting to make an impact with all of them. Thanks.
(16/04/2018 17:56)dca529x Wrote:  Any sign of entry into service yet, or are NW waiting to make an impact with all of them. Thanks.

I’m not a hundred per cent sure, I know for the next few days drivers will have familiarisation on them. Could see one out by the end of the week but my thinkimg is it will be next week before we see them out in service..
(16/04/2018 18:05)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I’m not a hundred per cent sure, I know for the next few days drivers will have familiarisation on them. Could see one out by the end of the week but my thinkimg is it will be next week before we see them out in service..

201 had VOR in the windscreen whilst being driven through the bus station this morning. This afternoon 202 was parked next to the East Oriental restaurant behind an 04 plate cadet. Stangely 202 didn’t have VOR in the windscreen.
There is a launch event for the new buses at Golden Square on Saturday

http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...eshire-cat

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)