Current time: 23/04/2024, 22:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(07/04/2018 20:16)Metroline1511 Wrote:  So, the move to a small extent allows for the expansion following the take-up of ex-GHA routes.

It is possible, they are looking for new driver for Chester atm

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/04/2018 20:51)chester285 Wrote:  Chester's current Liverpool road depot has an allocation of 62 vehicles, with a PVR for 55,
(Source Mbonwick Period 11 Fleetcard weekending 3rd March 2018), this is likely to change due to transferring to the Old Station and new services which are unmentioned.

Thanks. I'll take a look at that and update my fleetlist
I know the 6 is planned to be diverted but I don't know when or if this is still going ahead but as part of the Ledsham Village Development, they are planning on funding a brand new Ellesmere Port - Hooton bus via Ledsham and also they are looking at diverting the 6 into the development. If this is true, there will be at least another one or two buses work here. There is talk of other service enhancements but it all depends on buses availability and if they are just rumours or genuine proposals. If what I hear is true, Chester will gain another 10 bus workings. I don't know how soon (I would assume Septembers changes (Merseytravel change date when all the buses come off their summer timetables)) but 10 workins is quite a bit.

It has also been reported that there are no buses yet in the new depot, it is locked up with loads of containers in the yard. From tomorrow (Monday) all drivers are signing on at Waverton depot though so I am wondering if there will be shuttles to and from The Rink for a few days while buses are moved slowly. Nothing confirmed on when buses will move, that will be a wait and see but they don't have long and if Waverton is still in a state... Who knows how it will all work.
Are the Open-Toppers for the Sightseeing Tour moving to the new Depot at Waverton or will the service be operated out of Rock-Ferry?
(08/04/2018 06:17)M60lad Wrote:  Are the Open-Toppers for the Sightseeing Tour moving to the new Depot at Waverton or will the service be operated out of Rock-Ferry

I would assume they are moving. There is no logical reason to move then to Rock Ferry
(08/04/2018 06:17)M60lad Wrote:  Are the Open-Toppers for the Sightseeing Tour moving to the new Depot at Waverton or will the service be operated out of Rock-Ferry?

It’s still going to be operated out of Chester, over the last couple months they have been at gilmoss being adapted for tarpaulin covers to be fitted when not in use

(08/04/2018 04:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  I know the 6 is planned to be diverted but I don't know when or if this is still going ahead but as part of the Ledsham Village Development, they are planning on funding a brand new Ellesmere Port - Hooton bus via Ledsham and also they are looking at diverting the 6 into the development. If this is true, there will be at least another one or two buses work here. There is talk of other service enhancements but it all depends on buses availability and if they are just rumours or genuine proposals. If what I hear is true, Chester will gain another 10 bus workings. I don't know how soon (I would assume Septembers changes (Merseytravel change date when all the buses come off their summer timetables)) but 10 workins is quite a bit.

It has also been reported that there are no buses yet in the new depot, it is locked up with loads of containers in the yard. From tomorrow (Monday) all drivers are signing on at Waverton depot though so I am wondering if there will be shuttles to and from The Rink for a few days while buses are moved slowly. Nothing confirmed on when buses will move, that will be a wait and see but they don't have long and if Waverton is still in a state... Who knows how it will all work.

As it stands it is hoped to move the vehicles to Waverton on Thursday of this week

Vehicles have started to transfer to the old station in waverton, just driven past and the Liverpool Road workshops are closed, signage has been removed and the main Exit gates onto Liverpool are locked only 3 vehicles remain on site, an Enviro200MMC, Enviro 400 and a solo, my guess by the end of the night these will have gone... End of an Era

(11/04/2018 17:50)chester285 Wrote:  Vehicles have started to transfer to the old station in waverton, just driven past and the Liverpool Road workshops are closed, signage has been removed and the main Exit gates onto Liverpool are locked only 3 vehicles remain on site, an Enviro200MMC, Enviro 400 and a solo, my guess by the end of the night these will have gone... End of an Era

End of an era indeed as I think the site goes back to Crosville days. Going slightly off topic but I wonder how many former NBC (National Bus Company) depots across the country are still used for bus operation over 30 years since the end of NBC operation.
(11/04/2018 19:35)St Helens Rider Wrote:  End of an era indeed as I think the site goes back to Crosville days. Going slightly off topic but I wonder how many former NBC (National Bus Company) depots across the country are still used for bus operation over 30 years since the end of NBC operation.

I suppose locally, Rock Ferry, Bootle & Runcorn are all ex NBC, plus Preston (Stagecoach)

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)