Current time: 16/04/2024, 11:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(01/04/2018 23:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Capacity is higher. I won't say much because I don't know how much I can say but capacity is higher.

Why the secrecy? The operator's licence specifies 75 vehicles maximum, against 60 maximum at the Rink. Available via the DVSA Operator Search facility for the public to see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/04/2018 14:03)plannerman Wrote:  Why the secrecy? The operator's licence specifies 75 vehicles maximum, against 60 maximum at the Rink. Available via the DVSA Operator Search facility for the public to see.

Have you got the link?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Here you go, if the link holds - https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...nce/281856
(02/04/2018 17:21)plannerman Wrote:  Here you go, if the link holds - https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...nce/281856
It doesn't matter where the licences are based, as long as there is a valid licence onboard each bus for the company, it is valid. Gillmoss could have 200 and Chester have 30. As long as all Chester's buses have the licences it apparently doesn't matter where the disc is allocated to.

I am being slightly secret because I have been told bits of information but I won't share it partly because certain member get annoyed when you post things you have heard without official online source of information. Also because the plans could fall through. When things are confirmed on Vosa, it will make sense. Also you don't want other companies getting a smell of what you are planning as then they can fight back. Think if it got out about Arrivas 3 being diverted into Nant mwar, Saltney and Handbridge, Stagecoach would have the place flooded but as no one publically knew until late on, not much can happen from Stagecoach side of things (due to the registration periods)
(02/04/2018 18:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  It doesn't matter where the licences are based, as long as there is a valid licence onboard each bus for the company, it is valid. Gillmoss could have 200 and Chester have 30. As long as all Chester's buses have the licences it apparently doesn't matter where the disc is allocated to.

I am being slightly secret because I have been told bits of information but I won't share it partly because certain member get annoyed when you post things you have heard without official online source of information. Also because the plans could fall through. When things are confirmed on Vosa, it will make sense. Also you don't want other companies getting a smell of what you are planning as then they can fight back. Think if it got out about Arrivas 3 being diverted into Nant mwar, Saltney and Handbridge, Stagecoach would have the place flooded but as no one publically knew until late on, not much can happen from Stagecoach side of things (due to the registration periods)

Sometimes its best not to say anything about information you may hold, that way your not having to explain yourself and run the risk of annoying anyone!

Going back to what i mentioned previously regarding the Deebee Branding, I managed to get a photo of it in the depot, its not the best as it was rather awkward to take

(01/04/2018 18:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  What branding is on 47714? Same as 47624?

The depot does look in a bad state. I presume as the offices will be in the old station building so it will be work to demolish and rebuild inside to meet the depots needs. As for depot wash, I would presume so. I can't see the drivers all going in half hour earlier with a bucket and sponge to clean them each day :P The depot does look in a bad state. It doesn't look like it will be ready in 2 weeks to be fair either so work must be going on while the depot is being built.

I have to agree with you, from the attached pictures it doesn't look as is the depot will be ready in 2 weeks, looks a fair bit still to be done.

(02/04/2018 18:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  It doesn't matter where the licences are based, as long as there is a valid licence onboard each bus for the company, it is valid. Gillmoss could have 200 and Chester have 30. As long as all Chester's buses have the licences it apparently doesn't matter where the disc is allocated to.

I'm not clear what you mean? Certainly there's nothing to stop a Gillmoss bus operating say the 16 Saltney service. But the maximum number of vehicles allowed at each operating centre, as specified on the o-licence, is strictly controlled and exceeding it will lead to a chat with the TC, without tea or biscuits.
(02/04/2018 20:21)plannerman Wrote:  I'm not clear what you mean? Certainly there's nothing to stop a Gillmoss bus operating say the 16 Saltney service. But the maximum number of vehicles allowed at each operating centre, as specified on the o-licence, is strictly controlled and exceeding it will lead to a chat with the TC, without tea or biscuits.

I agree, the maximum number of vehicles is the amount the individual depot can use at anyone time, there's nothing to stop them having more vehicles on site, but they're only allowed to operate the licences amount, so a depot like Chester which currently has an operating licence of 60 may have 65 vehicles allocated, but only 60 can be used leaving the remainder parked up on site

(02/04/2018 20:21)plannerman Wrote:  I'm not clear what you mean? Certainly there's nothing to stop a Gillmoss bus operating say the 16 Saltney service. But the maximum number of vehicles allowed at each operating centre, as specified on the o-licence, is strictly controlled and exceeding it will lead to a chat with the TC, without tea or biscuits.

Ok, that is where I got confused. I was told that the company just gets 'x' discs and can use them anywhere they want but if that is the max vehicles allowed, at least they can use another 15 buses. An increase of at least 10 was expected. I guess another few also in case of emergency as well.

The depot doesn't look in a good state for moving into. As I said earlier, it doesn't look like it will be ready for another few weeks let alone this Saturday.
(02/04/2018 21:00)iMarkeh Wrote:  Ok, that is where I got confused. I was told that the company just gets 'x' discs and can use them anywhere they want but if that is the max vehicles allowed, at least they can use another 15 buses. An increase of at least 10 was expected. I guess another few also in case of emergency as well.

The depot doesn't look in a good state for moving into. As I said earlier, it doesn't look like it will be ready for another few weeks let alone this Saturday.

It certainly doesn't plus there is the problem with this awful weather, that's going delay things especially when it comes to relaying the concrete, Its good to see that they have some installed secure fencing round the site, My brother in law used to work for Morrey oils which is located at the rear of the depot and he says they were always getting broken into with the culprits using the railway line for an escape route, one would hope the workshops will see a lick of paint as well

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)