Current time: 24/04/2024, 15:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
RE: Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
(07/02/2018 18:19)K10K11 Wrote:  Interesting to see Selwyns taking on the 391/2.

Yes that's the big surprise. Although, they did at one point have the 200 contract (before Swans had it) and it'll probably be easier for them logistically then it is for High Peak currently. Do they have any single decker buses currently?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/02/2018 18:45)knutstransport Wrote:  Yes that's the big surprise. Although, they did at one point have the 200 contract (before Swans had it) and it'll probably be easier for them logistically then it is for High Peak currently. Do they have any single decker buses currently?

They have some Enviro 200"s which are used on Merseytravel contracts.
I'm guessing 391/392 will be operated by Selwyns Sharston Depot which I'm not to sure has any minibuses at the momen so will be interesting to see what's going to be operating the services
(08/02/2018 07:16)M60lad Wrote:  I'm guessing 391/392 will be operated by Selwyns Sharston Depot which I'm not to sure has any minibuses at the momen so will be interesting to see what's going to be operating the services

Would seem so as they have had a bus authorisation increase at the Sharston depot, it's all coaches and double deckers at the moment, but I am sure there will be some movement shortly of new midi buses or Solo's to the depot shortly.
Just been looking at the ever professional CEC website in connection with the 'review'. The link to the new High Peak 58 (via Black Road) just goes to the HP site with the existing (not Black Road) timetable.

The text mentions evening journeys on the 38, this links to the Arriva site and what looks like the existing TT. Are there really no changes and supported journeys up to the 2335 ex each end on Mon - Thurs ?.
Arriva haven't registered any changes to the 38 and Cheshire East say the timetable will remain the same with Mon-Thurs services operating with a subsidy and Fri and Sat services operating commercially.
It seems the soon to be unserved bus stops will simply get a notice saying "No departures from this stop" and will remain in place, while they'll be no new bus stop signs installed even where a route has been revised to take in a different road or where the bus will stop on the other side of the road from where it currently stops.
It used to be that after contracts were awarded the number of bidders for each service and the winning bidder for each service and the value of each contract were made public. This time all Cheshire East have said is the total value of all contracts is £6m and 11 operators (who are all SMEs) submitted bids.
Noticed on the CEC website that from the 1st of april macc bus station will be closed sundays. All services going from bay 9 instead.
Cheshire East have new timetables - for some reason some come in both A5, folding out to A3, and A6 versions. No sign of a D&G book yet - I hope they don't follow Midland Classic down the leaflet road.

User(s) browsing this thread: